Running Windows on Macbook problem

Reaction score
Hey, i have a problem with the internet while playing poker online using windows via bootcamp. For some reason, everytime Im playing poker using the poker software, my internet freezes. Not the computer but just the internet, my browser and the poker software im running. It really annoys me that I have to restart my computer just so i can reconnect to the internet everytime im in middle of a tournament. Can someone help me out, and figure out the source of this problem???

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
Probably a graphics error of some sort causing the freeze up. Does the Poker game site require Java? If it does, you might try updating the Windows Java version to the latest. Check the Sun Java site:

http://www.java.com/en/

Also try updating the Windows GMA 3100X graphic chipset drivers for your MacBook. Go to the Intel web site and do a search for them. Download and install. Even if it doesn't fix the error, the newer drivers are faster.

Regards.

OP
I
Reaction score
cool, thanks alot Ill try both updating my java. Also what is the intel site that you are talking about? Can you please leave me a link? I would really appreciated.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook Black 2.4Ghz, 2GB RAM, 250GB HHD, Dual-Boot Windows XP SP2
"That's what she said." oh lol, sorry, i would say don't use windows, cause it sucks so bad. I have a heating problem, windows OS dosen't recognize that my macbook has one (1) exhaust fan, it thinks it has several cpu, exhuast and internal fans, but i have one so it doesn't spin it as fast as it could, so i got a program that automatically spins the fan while running windows, as fast as it needs too to keep it under a certain temp, cause my programs would freeze or crash cause of the cpu heat.

cool, thanks alot Ill try both updating my java. Also what is the intel site that you are talking about? Can you please leave me a link? I would really appreciated.

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey

I sent you the link in a private message - responding to yours. Let me know if it works OK. The newer drivers from Intel are actually quite good and even allow software switching between the internal monitor and external without going through the steps required to do the same in OS X.

Regards.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.