Convert WMV to MPEG for move to mac???

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iPhone X, Watch 3, '18 MBP w/touchbar, '17 iPad Pro 10.5
I have a new ibook and am in the process of moving my files from the old windows machine to me new mac. I have a rather large collection of family videos i have mad and edited on my windows machine, that are now in windows media player format. How do I convert them to mpeg in order to burn them ono a cd for transfer to my ibook? Any help would be hugely appreciated.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
PowerMac G4 Cube 450mhz 832mb
forty two dvdvxplus will convert them into .avi files, then you can use divx doctor 2 to convert to .mov. or just use ffmpegx for the whole thing.

Reaction score
Well you can download Windows Media Player for the Mac. But if yo have to convert them to MPEG, there is a program taht converts justa bout anything to MPEG which is at http://www.tmpgenc.net/ for the PC. I'm not sure if it does WMV files though. Just download WMP. It's a lot easier.

OP
J
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iPhone X, Watch 3, '18 MBP w/touchbar, '17 iPad Pro 10.5
Thanks, didnt know they had media player for mac, lol

S

sebeck

jaster said:
Thanks, didnt know they had media player for mac, lol

Yeah, i didn't know either! I have a ton of movies and i was all bummed that I wouldnt me able to watch them. So i googled .WMV for OSX or something and the download page for windows media came up!! Well whaddya know! :)

F

fletch665

How do I get WMF into Final Cut Pro?

Macman said:
forty two dvdvxplus will convert them into .avi files, then you can use divx doctor 2 to convert to .mov. or just use ffmpegx for the whole thing.

I'm trying to get Windows Media Player movies into Final Cut Pro 3 so I can edit them. Is the 42 dvdvxplus the best route?

Thanks,

Fletch

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.