Transferring photobooth between my new computers

Reaction score
I wanted to move my photobooth from one computer to my other one. Without using install disks.

I went into the applications folder and moved the whole photobooth entry from there, via flash drive, into the applications folder of my 2nd computer. It runs 10.4.11. Photobooth now shows up there, but when I click on it, the icon flashes for second, but no program ever opens. I know many programs can be moved this way. But this one is not working. Is there some trick to activate the program, or can it even be done this way.

B

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
13" MBP 2.3Ghz i7 32GB 1TB | iPhone XR
Are you trying to move the photobooth from Leopard onto a Tiger machine? Im pretty sure it rely's on leopard just to open.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook, iPod Classic, 8GB 3G iPhone, Time Capsule
Are you trying to move the photobooth from Leopard onto a Tiger machine? Im pretty sure it rely's on leopard just to open.

Not so. Photobooth was working fine over here pre-Leopard.

You could try downloading here. I just pulled that off Google, haven't tried it myself. Are both Mac's running 10.4? Do they both have iSight? What happened to Photobooth on the second computer in the first place?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
So you can use the newer photobooth from Leopard on a Tiger machine?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook, iPod Classic, 8GB 3G iPhone, Time Capsule

So you can use the newer photobooth from Leopard on a Tiger machine?

Why not? I thought Tiger got a new version with 10.4.11. I'm running 2.02, so I'm not sure, but downloading it is certainly worth a go really. I think the video effects were added for 10.5. The only system requirements I can find say you need 10.4 or above to run it.

On the other side of things, I'm not sure how legal it is to download a copy that didn't come with a retail version of the OS or a new Mac.

If it doesn't work it doesn't work. If it does, good for the OP.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
So do you have the 2.02 version with Tiger? Thats the same one I have with Leopard, so im just guessing there shouldn't be a reason it shouldn't work, so would you be able to get those video effects running under Tiger or is that just going to appear under Leopard? I'm interested to know if you can do it or not. What do you have after the version number? Mine is 2.0.2 (73)

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.