boot camp

Reaction score
Hello guys, i've heard that boot camp can install windows on a Mac by creating a partition for it. But what if i have 2 hard disks, and i want 1 hard disk for Leopard and the other hard disk for windows, without creating any partition? Can boot camp do that? i just had the feeling that 1 complete hard disk for each os might make both os more stable - i'm thinking of getting a Mac Pro, in which case i'd probably get at least 2 hard disks.

Any advice and comments are much appreciated :D

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
First gen Mac Pro, Dual 2.66
You can load Windows to another drive just fine

OP
L
Reaction score
Does that mean i dont need to use boot camp at all then? what will be the default boot up os then?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP: 2gig CD
you do not need to use bootcamp if your just going to have windows alone on a hard disk. you can select which disk you want to make bootable in your bios but someone correct me if im wrong

OP
L
Reaction score
thanks sukh18, that's great! then would i be able to access the files on hard disk 2 from hard disk 1, i.e. access the windows files from mac osx, and vice versa?

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.