X11

T

tj6106

I have installed the X11SDK and have tried to open the X11 app from /Applications/Utilities like MacOSX tells you but it is no where to be seen, can someone help?

Reaction score
You need to install X11 from your OS X install cd's. SDK stands for software devlopement kit and is no good without X11. (at least not the one for X11)
I think it's on the 3'rd CD.

OP
T

tj6106

See i have done this, I got a hardware test CD and then 2 install Cd's with my mac. I have installed the additional software on the cd and the Xcode tools and remembered to check the X11 box yet it does not seem to appear where it is supposed to.

Reaction score
OK, are we talking Panther or Jaguar? What version did of OS X did you install?
My Panther install came on 3 CD's and an Xcode cd. You might need to re-install X11. Look for a package called X11User.
Dont remember but I think X11 for Jag was a seperate download.

OP
T

tj6106

I am using Panther and i only got 2 install Cd's and the hardware test cd. The SDK is in /Applications/Intallers/XCodeTools/Packages. I dont have a package called X11User.

OP
T

tj6106

I ended up downloading it from the apple website and have it running now.

Reaction score
That's what I was going to suggest since you didn't have it on cd.
Do you know about Fink? Good place to get X11 apps.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.