Restoring Original Items Folder OS 9

Reaction score
Call me dumb or just plain curious but I installed OS 9 over OS 9.4.1 or something. All the original items including the system was saved in an "original items" folder. Does anyone know how I can restore everything back to 9.4.1 like it was? ( I forgot the exact version so forgive me if I wrote it wrong.... basically I installed a early version over later version, now I want to it back)

So anyways, how to restore the original items folder? It's just sitting there next to the new system folder waiting eagerly to be switched back.... Try googling that and you something totally different, so I came here to ask.

Thanks.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2015 Retina 4K iMac. Monterey. 8GB RAM. Crucial 500GB external SSD
9.2.2 was the last version I think. I could be wrong.

If you had OS 9.2.2 for example and tried going back to 9.2.1, I was unaware it would even let you do that? hmm, Odd. Launch classic and see what version you are running.... if it's 9.2.2 that is the last version made I believe.

OP
R
Reaction score
OS 9 undo

9.2.2 was the last version I think. I could be wrong.

If you had OS 9.2.2 for example and tried going back to 9.2.1, I was unaware it would even let you do that? hmm, Odd. Launch classic and see what version you are running.... if it's 9.2.2 that is the last version made I believe.

One of the other issues I have also is that now that the old version is installed, it takes forever to boot up. The screen is blank for a around 4 minutes before it finally boots the os. Why is that?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini Core i7 2012 | White 2009 MacBook 2 Ghz | 733 Mhz G4 Quicksilver
if the finder and system are still in the original items folder, you could try renaming that system folder, and also renaming the new system folder, its risky tho, I haven't used os 9 in years

what is wrong with updating the present system and manually moving any additional extensions and control panels that the old system had

OP
R
Reaction score
OS 9 Undo

if the finder and system are still in the original items folder, you could try renaming that system folder, and also renaming the new system folder, its risky tho, I haven't used os 9 in years

what is wrong with updating the present system and manually moving any additional extensions and control panels that the old system had

Well basically, I have only the 9.0 Restore, not the 9.2 or later. I used the updates on the Apple website, but it will only update so far, it won't update to 9.2 all the way....

Thanks for the advice. I will try renaming the OS. I am not a literate user of MAC yet, I just have an old system that I am playing around with to use for my son. The old imacs are great for Kids......

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Lombard 400, 190cs, Wallstreet 233

This should work. If done properly, the icon of the new System Folder should change to the new system folder. It may require a boot CD to do this though.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.