Lukewarm feelings towards my purchase.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
933 Mhz Powermac Quicksilver,1.5GB RAM, OSX 10.5, Tangerine 300MHz Clamshell, OS 9.2
Through everything I've gone through in the past two months with my living situation and such, at least my father was nice enough to loan me the money to get this iBook. However I'm feeling very lukewarm towards this laptop and I'd greatly appreciate you guys talking some sense into me.

Yes I sold my beloved 15" 1.67GHz Powerbook on eBay almost 2 months ago for a measly $350 because the trackpad was shot thanks to alcohol from my dad's girlfriend's friend. Then there were the two macbook fiascos, and I bought this 1.42 GHz iBook off of eBay for $500. I bought it instead of a powerbook because they're going for outrageous amounts on eBay right now (Well into the $600 range) which makes NO sense considering I could get a macbook for $200 more.

I find myself disappointed in the processing speed as it's of course unable to play nintendo games online and lags horribly in chatrooms. (The chatrooms aren't a big deal though.) Even with 1.5 GB of RAM, it is slower than my powerbook that only had 1GB of RAM in it. However maybe the RAM problem is because the stick is defective as it only says 1GB when it's hot. Regardless I find myself longing for my powerbook, especially the illuminated keyboard.

The logical part of my brain says "Jaguar, you did the right thing, only owing your dad $400 instead of $700+ considering you're moving out soon." but the human part of my brain says I should've gone for a macbook. Because it really indeed is a great machine.

I guess I am conflicted because 75% of me feels that I did the right thing, and got this iBook, and actually should've gotten an even cheaper iBook for the time being, but of course the 24 year old in me says I should've gotten the laptop I wanted. Smack some sense into me guys and be blunt, I won't even be offended if you call me an idiot and say "Hey, Jaguar...Deal with it until you move back up north and can afford the laptop you want."

Nevertheless, at least I have a Mac. It's funny how slowly my father's 6 month old PC runs now and of course I get blamed for it running slowly even though I've only visited this site, eBay and yahoo....I actually have been kicking around the idea of getting a 900MHz G4 iBook so I owe my dad even less money..Talk some sense into me guys.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Silver M1 iMac 512/16/8/8 macOS 11.6
Take notice of the logical part of your brain and get on with life! It is only a &^%%^$%#!@ computer.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15-inch MacBook Pro
Work more = better Mac = less time to worry = everyone wins!

OP
xj6jaguar1985
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
933 Mhz Powermac Quicksilver,1.5GB RAM, OSX 10.5, Tangerine 300MHz Clamshell, OS 9.2
Yeah I guess it's just stupidity getting the best of me. I was like this with my Red Jaguar at one point too....I actually...Yeah get this...I actually thought it was *Cough* rational to sell my Jaguar because people said it was "Old", and I wanted something else. I took a breather, realized what a great thing I have, and I never looked back....
I swear I go completely irrational, beyond stupidity to make up for all of the other times I'm rational. The funny thing is if I was to get a powerbook right now...right on the spot....4 days later I'd be wanting a macbook. This is a great laptop, sorry for the stupid post..However I am human and sometimes I AM irrational.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15-inch MacBook Pro
No worries! I am completely OCD and over analyze all my purchases. Funny thing is my Mac's are about the only thing I have never thought "what if" about!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 21" 2.4G 320G HD OS Snow Leopard. Win7 on Dell PC Inspiron i5 8g Ram 1TB HD
If you're old enough,get a job ,pay for your own stuff.Your Dad would like not having to pay for your stuff.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2015 Retina 4K iMac. Monterey. 8GB RAM. Crucial 500GB external SSD
If you're old enough,get a job ,pay for your own stuff.Your Dad would like not having to pay for your stuff.

he's 24 I think he said, he better be working by now. ;)

here's a plan.... don't borrow money... save up the $ and pay cash for your stuff. Then you own it... and have no payments. :)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
13.3" MBP: 2.26 C2D, 4GB, 160GB
you've spent a ton of money on macs lately, why don't you just go all out and get a new MBP or MB with the free touch (til tomorrow) and call it a day...

stop dilly-dallying around and grow a pair

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
Get married and then you won't have to worry about money - you'll be broke like the rest of us! :Evil:

Regards.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 2.4 Ghz 2GB Ram 200GB Hard drive, Mac Mini 1.5 Intel Core Solo 512Mb Ram
lol marry a rich woman and have her buy you a new mac....sounds reasonable =p

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook Pro 17" 2.6GHz 4GB RAM
Computer = just a tool & not worth obsessing about. :)

Reaction score
You could ... try to sell the one you have for the same price you paid, save up for a few weeks, and get a MacBook. :)
Because, really ... they're heaven.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.