Tlooking for some advice

Reaction score
Hi folks,

Im a macbook user and have been for about 8 months now, totally converted to OSX and how awesome macs are :-D

I work as a windows/unix systems admin and use vmware a lot. I do a lot of system building and testing, testing out all different types of system configs etc etc, and i need a beastly machine to build multiple virtual servers that will run simultaneously.

Sooooo, i'm looking to buy a Mac Pro, 8 cores 2.8Ghz with 8Gb and a 30 inch HD display, i know this config will kick *** for my VM purposes, but i also wouldn't mind it kicking *** as a vista gaming machine too.

I used to know everything about gfx cards but have been off that scene for a while, so, what i would like to know is should i go for the nvidia 8800 gt or 2 ati hd 2600 xt cards.... or, is there another card thats better (not the quadro, f*ck that) for gaming.

thanks in advance folks

CrimsonRequiem

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 2.3 Ghz 4GB RAM 860 GB SSD, iMac 3.4 GHz Intel Core i7 32GB RAM, Fusion Drive 1TB
Tom's Hardware Guide?

OP
J
Reaction score
yeah thx for that, im aware of all the tech sites. Im here asking if anyone is aware of any cards that are better than the 8800 and compatible.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.