Is this good (bootcamp)?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2019 iMac 27"; 2020 M1 MacBook Air; macOS up-to-date... always.
That will work, but quite frankly you shouldn't be paying that much for a version of Windows that Microsoft won't even support anymore. At least not in terms of updates. You can get the OEM version MUCH cheaper. On eBay, you can get it for $89.99.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook Pro 15.4" 2.4 Ghz, Core 2 duo, 4Gb RAM, 320 GB HD
Darrow1k - I found much better pricing from CompUSA online.

Windows XP Pro SP2 (Full OEM, not upgrade) - $139.99

Windows XP Home (Full OEM, not upgrade) - $89.99

CompUSA = very reputable national chain.

:Evil:

OP
D
Reaction score
I know I can get it cheaper but I rather pay a little extra and get it from walmart, incase I need to return it or anything. So is that link exactly what I should buy?

OP
D
Reaction score
I know I can get it cheaper but I rather pay a little extra and get it from walmart, incase I need to return it or anything. So is that link exactly what I should buy?

And how do I know if it's 32 bit version?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2015 Retina 4K iMac. Monterey. 8GB RAM. Crucial 500GB external SSD
$200 for windows. I could never do it. I'd have to find better places to put my hard earned dollars. ;D

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
24" iMac 3.06 ghz 4gb Ram 1tb, Ipod Touch 1g, iPhone 3G, iBook G4 1.2ghz 1.25 GB

Wal-Mart will not take open software back. You can exchange it for the same software and that is all. Unless you have an, "in"

OP
D
Reaction score
i dont think the box comes in plastic, and ill just open it neatly so it looks unopened if I need to return it. The wal-mart near me is incredibly easy to return stuff at too.

Edit: And it says not sold in stores so I think they would give me my cash back or even store credit.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook Pro 15.4" 2.4 Ghz, Core 2 duo, 4Gb RAM, 320 GB HD
You might want to check walmart's return policy, If software is opened, I do not believe they take it back unless it is defective, then they only will give exchange for same item.

You might be able to get the same deal I sent you on CompUSA in the store, if you have one near your location.

$200 for WIN XP Home is a bit high though. If you ever plan on using the WINXP Bootcamp on a network, then XP Pro is the only solution, and has better security.

:eek:

OP
D
Reaction score
What's a network? I can still use the internet and play online games with only home right?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Pro 8x3.0ghz 12gb ram 8800GT , MBP 2.16 2GB Ram 17 inch.
a network is how you get to the internet unless you only have one computer in your home.

Yes you could still play games with home. But in all seriousness $200 for XP home is like paying $10 a gallon for regular gas while every body else is only paying $4. You can get full OEM versions online or in computer stores for much less than what walmart is selling for.

OP
D
Reaction score
Well I'm using a wireless router right now to get the internet on my macbook. If I use the windows xp from the link i'll still be able to connect to the router wirelessly right?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" 2.2GHz Santa Rosa Macbook Pro - 4GB Ram - 120GB HD OS X Leopard - Windows XP
Well I'm using a wireless router right now to get the internet on my macbook. If I use the windows xp from the link i'll still be able to connect to the router wirelessly right?
Yes you will....

I know everyone has already said this, but $200 is steep for windows...
And I think the box does come in plastic...

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.