15" MBP Core Duo 1.83 Ghz 2GB 200GB... $970??

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook 2.1 Ghz 4GB RAM 120GB HDD, iPod Touch 16GB, iPod Shuffle 1GB, BB 8130
If you haven't read any of my previous topics, short story:

If I get great marks parents buy me $1000 worth of computer. They dont care which. I like the MBPs a lot, mostly because of the bigger screen, but the Macbook is still equally orgasmic.

I went on Mac2sell and configured a good MBP for me, at 15" and it came out at around $970. Is this realistic? I tried googling this to see if there were any for sale but no real luck. I've heard of Mac2Sell being a bit off, but I'd like to know in advance.

Also, they said that the 17 was like 1100. Is that accurate?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Unibody MacBook 2.4GHz/4GB Ram/320GB HD
Just look at the Apple site to compare prices. You should get your answer then.

OP
Andy348
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Just look at the Apple site to compare prices. You should get your answer then.

But these are older Macbooks like 2007...

Reaction score
No offense but why would you get a used, inferior laptop to the macbook when you can get one for the same price?

CrimsonRequiem

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 2.3 Ghz 4GB RAM 860 GB SSD, iMac 3.4 GHz Intel Core i7 32GB RAM, Fusion Drive 1TB
No offense but why would you get a used, inferior laptop to the macbook when you can get one for the same price?

How is a MBP inferior to a Macbook?

OP
Andy348
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs

Inferior?

Bigger screen size, better speakers, better video card, nicer aluminum casing

just to name a few.

Speed isn't everything.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.4 GHz MacBook Pro SR
Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't a 2.1GHz Intel Core 2 Duo processor better than a Core Duo 1.83GHz? Plus, I'd MUCH rather get a brand new laptop than a used one, wouldn't you?

A computer's processor is what makes it better than the rest. The fact that it has a backlight keyboard, better speakers, larger screen, aluminum design, dedicated graphics card etc doesnt matter..........

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Pro 8x3.0ghz 12gb ram 8800GT , MBP 2.16 2GB Ram 17 inch.
Also, they said that the 17 was like 1100. Is that accurate?

I just sold my 17 inch a week ago for 1100, so I'm guessing thats pretty accurate

Reaction score
A computer's processor is what makes it better than the rest. The fact that it has a backlight keyboard, better speakers, larger screen, aluminum design, dedicated graphics card etc doesnt matter..........

Processor AND it's brand new, don't forget that. I don't know about you, but I'd take a significantly better processor over better kb, speakers, and larger screen.

CrimsonRequiem

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 2.3 Ghz 4GB RAM 860 GB SSD, iMac 3.4 GHz Intel Core i7 32GB RAM, Fusion Drive 1TB

It might not mean much to you but it really depends on what you are using the computer for. IE designers need a big screen and a dedicated graphic card. Processor speed really isn't that much of an issue. Besides 1.83 Ghz isn't that slow.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.