@ key on a swiss keyboard?

Reaction score
just got my new macbook pro today and cant for the life of me figure out how to get the @ key. its located on the "g" key but when i press the g key together with the alt key i get the © sign?

all help appreciated

thanks

kate

Reaction score
That is the same as on UK keyboard. Try shift+2 (Or it may be as simple as shift+g)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP, iPad 2 64, 2 x iPod Touch, MBA, 2 x iPhone 3g
Try this - I was after a different symbol, but this helps:

Got it guys - did another search as I didn't know what this 'flag' bit was.

It's in the Preferences>International>Input Menu, tick Character Palette and make sure Show Input Menu in Menu Bar is ticked too.

The 'flag' appears and in the submenu off that are lots of lovely symbols that I have been tearing my hair out trying to find.

OP
C
Reaction score
unfortunately none of the above worked...Im wondering did i chose the german keypad instead of a swiss one at some stage...any ideas where i can check this?

thanks again for your help

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP, iPad 2 64, 2 x iPod Touch, MBA, 2 x iPhone 3g
Have you used the Keyboard Viewer to see where the '@' is located?

Reaction score
Crinno,

Open up System Preferences --> International --> Input Menu
Under "keyboards", you should have relevant option checked, and none others - I see both Swiss French and Swiss German, both bring up the @ symbol for me.

If this fails, in the same preferences screen check "Show Input Menu in Menu bar" - select the flag that appears in the menu bar and choose "Show Keyboard Viewer" - this will bring up a map of your keyboard - see if you can locate it on there.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.