back button?

Reaction score
Ok- this may be a SUPER dumb question, but I'm going to ask anyway! I just got my Macbook Pro today! So excited. I haven't used a Mac for years, so I'm trying to figure this out. Very user friendly.. but different.

1.) I'm using firefox and I don't have a browsing toolbar. I go to toolbar options and it is checked, however, there are no 'back', 'forward', or refresh buttons. Any idea how to add these?

2.) This is probably REALLY dumb, but i can manually add tabs by going to file>new tab then using the 'L' shortcut to type an address in.
---- is there an easier way to add a tab and web address?
---- once i'm on a webpage, how do i copy and paste the url so i can send it to someone?

I guess i just have to learn some of the basics!

Thanks!

OP
S
Reaction score
OH! and one more thing.. this is very trivial, but still important... when I try to write on someone's wall in facebook I click the 'post' button.. and nothing happens! why is this?

CrimsonRequiem

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 2.3 Ghz 4GB RAM 860 GB SSD, iMac 3.4 GHz Intel Core i7 32GB RAM, Fusion Drive 1TB
Ok- this may be a SUPER dumb question, but I'm going to ask anyway! I just got my Macbook Pro today! So excited. I haven't used a Mac for years, so I'm trying to figure this out. Very user friendly.. but different.

1.) I'm using firefox and I don't have a browsing toolbar. I go to toolbar options and it is checked, however, there are no 'back', 'forward', or refresh buttons. Any idea how to add these?

2.) This is probably REALLY dumb, but i can manually add tabs by going to file>new tab then using the 'L' shortcut to type an address in.
---- is there an easier way to add a tab and web address?
---- once i'm on a webpage, how do i copy and paste the url so i can send it to someone?

I guess i just have to learn some of the basics!
Thanks!

View -> Toolbars -> Navigation Toolbar

Command/Apple + T = New tab

Command/Apple + C = Copy

Command/Apple+ V = Paste

Click in the address bar and highlight the url. Copy and Paste into IM = Instant Messaging window.

OP
S
Reaction score
Thanks. I had all that going on. Out of no where, a navigation toolbar actually appeared. I kept checking and unchecking it but still had NO toolbar. Just the tabs at the top of my page. Thanks though!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" alum iMac 2.4 3 gigs ram
Did you right click on the tool bar and select customize? You will find what you need in the box that pops up and all you have to do is drag the icons you want up to the tool bar.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2 GB 667 MHz DDR2 SDRAM MacBook, 2.4 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo
As for the Facebook thing, I highly doubt that's your Mac. I do experience a long delay when posting a message, or writing on someone's wall, but I just stay on the webpage and in like 45 seconds to one minute the post appears. I experience this long wait only on the new Facebook layout, is that what you're using?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15.4" MBP, 2.4ghz Penryn, OSX 10.5.6, 200gb HDD, 4gb ram; 32gb iPod Touch
When web browsing (I know in Firefox but I'm assuming in Safari too), use "delete" to go back.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.