Os X

Reaction score
As you probably can guess I am new to Mac....

Is it possible to upgrade the OS x?

Is it easy to do?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 2.4Ghz 160G
If I understand what you're asking, then the answer is yes.

When I got my MBP, it had Tiger on it, but it came with a Leopard upgrade disk. The upgrade process was simply putting the Leopard disk in, answering a few questions, and then drinking a few cups of coffee while the OS was being upgraded.

OP
B
Reaction score
If I understand what you're asking, then the answer is yes.

When I got my MBP, it had Tiger on it, but it came with a Leopard upgrade disk. The upgrade process was simply putting the Leopard disk in, answering a few questions, and then drinking a few cups of coffee while the OS was being upgraded.

Yeah that is what I meant mate.

How much is Leopard nowadays?

Reaction score
Drinking coffee is the most important part of the process, but we need more details. If you mean applying the updates that Apple rolls out to fix problems, then yes, it is easy. Go to the Apple icon, select Software Update and let it roll.
For example, if you are running Tiger (10.4) updating it to 10.4.11 simply done through the Software Update. But to upgrade to Leopard (10.5) you need you need installation disks.

OP
B
Reaction score
Drinking coffee is the most important part of the process, but we need more details. If you mean applying the updates that Apple rolls out to fix problems, then yes, it is easy. Go to the Apple icon, select Software Update and let it roll.
For example, if you are running Tiger (10.4) updating it to 10.4.11 simply done through the Software Update. But to upgrade to Leopard (10.5) you need you need installation disks.

That is what I meant mate, updating to Leopard.

How much extra would that cost me?

Reaction score
Leopard is available at Apple Stores, Best Buy, and on line, it runs $129 for a single user, $199 for a family pack.

cwa107

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14" MacBook Pro M1 Pro, 16GB RAM, 1TB SSD
That is what I meant mate, updating to Leopard.

How much extra would that cost me?

Leopard costs $129. Also note that it has heftier system requirements than earlier versions of OS X. So, double-check those before you go purchasing it. All of the details can be found on http://www.apple.com/macosx/

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.