When did you switch?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 24" 3 GHz 3 gigs of ram & 2004 PowerBook
I switched earlier this summer (although I had been saving up for like a year) I'm 14 and have a video production and photography company. I switched because all we used in my broadcasting class was Final Cut and I was convinced that that was the program to use. (Later I realized how wonderful and simple os x is). I usually make DVD’s for sports events like water polo and football. I now edit my videos with FCPHD, create motion graphics with Motion and make DVD’s with DVD Studio Pro.

So I ask you... why did you switch, how old were you and what do you do with your Mac now.
:yinyang:

B

bobx2001

i switched in septermber, it is very nice, i am working my way up to become a mac pro

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook | 1.83ghz | 2gb ram
I switched last November, I think it was November... could have been December. I got an iMac G5 because I do graphic design at college. Not only is it better for photoshop, inDesign etc. but it's better in every way than a windows machine and I have increased compatibility with the college computers (they have G3 iMacs on OS 9.2).

G

gesteves

A friend of mine bought her Powerbook in march and I loved it, and since I needed a new laptop, I decided to give it a shot and bought my own Powerbook in august. I didn't exactly "switch", though. I still use my windows PC everyday.

?

)(*

I got a 12inch powerbook for christmas. i fix windows computers daily, but love coming home to someting so reliable.
im 16, but got the mac infatuation at 15.

gracias

Reaction score
Had my iBook for about 4 weeks already and like it a lot. Wouldn't say that I have switched completely though because I still use my PCs for gaming and other tasks.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
PowerMac G4 Cube 450mhz 832mb
I switched way back in the early to mid 90s, I was always different and so was the mac, so
from then on, I used mac, plus I started early, around13 in graphic design and printing on presses and such.
@firsteggprez-you have your own company?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" iMac C2D 2.16ghz, 13" MacBook 2.0ghz, 60gb iPod vid, 1gb nano
I switched July of 03

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook
I've never actually "switched". I have been using Macs and Windows PCs for the past 20 years now. I was introduced to the Mac in 1985 when one was purchased for my school. Before that we used Apple IIc and Apple IIe systems in school. Over the years I have had several Macs and quite a few Windows boxes.

D

Desolate One

Hmmmm, it's been so long I can hardly remember.... Almost 3 months now. HA! But in all honesty I've been really enjoying the soft/hardware put out by Apple and I think it's a testament to the computer industry. The design, the ease of use, everything. Don't get me wrong I still use my PCs and and have nothing against them, it's just been a refreshing change.

D

Danster

well i'm 17 and started using computers (windows) about 1 1/2 years ago and finally saved up enough cash to buy a comp and got me an iMac G5 i didn't really know how to use windows and it was really annoying and i heard all this great stuff about Mac's so i bought 1 last Nov

so i'm not really a switcher am i?

D

Desolate One

Danster said:
well i'm 17 and started using computers (windows) about 1 1/2 years ago and finally saved up enough cash to buy a comp and got me an iMac G5 i didn't really know how to use windows and it was really annoying and i heard all this great stuff about Mac's so i bought 1 last Nov

so i'm not really a switcher am i?

That's the way to do it now isn't it!? ;)

OP
firsteggprez
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 24" 3 GHz 3 gigs of ram & 2004 PowerBook
Macman said:
@firsteggprez-you have your own company?

Yes I do... that’s what First Egg Productions is.... the name is a long story... I have actually done pretty well... I have paid for a Lacie 250 gig drive, my PowerBook, part of my iPod and software with the mony i have recieved form my company.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
G4 1Ghz OS X 10.4.7
I wanted to switch about 2 years ago when I first tried OS X but my pc was too new. But when my bros pc blew up daily in college we got the go ahead to get Macs. Never looked back!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
12" Apple PowerBook G4 (1.5GHz)
When did I switch? Well, they stopped making Apple II's in the early 90s...must've been sometime around then.

But I never cared much about computers until '96 or so.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Black Macbook 2 Ghz C2D, 2 Gb RAM, 120 Gb Hd, 2 gig black nano
I switched April of 2004. I still use a windows computer for my job.

X

xthisisRomancex

i switched a week or so ago.. hm i got on my first pc when i was 6 i was hooked pc have been my life at age 10 i was bulding pc's for my uncles company... i was in the process of about to build me a new comp becasue on on my family's network went down and i alway give my compter to the person who's pc went down and i buid me another untill i played on my friends ibook..needless to say my family network will be operating fully on macs in less than a yr

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.93GHz Quad-core Intel Xeon processor RuningSnoLeopard v 10.6.4 DDRe
I first read about Mac's an how adaptable to graphis. more specifically ADOBE last century. In the meantime, used Wintel untill I could no longer deal with pop-ups and became serious about PHOTOSHOP and I'm disabled and my insuranc is to pay for this stuff. if I furnish them with UMPTEEN doctor's recomm'd and a slew of M.S.E.E. recomen'd, So I Sez phuc that and got a G5 'stock' added a gig RAM and I'm loving it!

K

KingAdrock

I never switched. My first computer was an Apple II, and my first Mac was an SE. And I've kept using Macs ever since. I look over at the dark side now and again, and I'm always pleased that I've never had deal with it in the first place.

rman

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14in MacBook Pro M1 Max 32GB 2TB
I like KingAdrock never switched either. My first system was an Apple ][+, then a mac SE/30. I now have a G3 powermac, an G3 iBook and a G4 Ti powerbook. When I sell the house I will be looking at get G5 powermac or the G5 iMac.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.