• Welcome to the Off-Topic/Schweb's Lounge

In addition to the Mac-Forums Community Guidelines, there are a few things you should pay attention to while in The Lounge.

Lounge Rules
    • If your post belongs in a different forum, please post it there.
    • While this area is for off-topic conversations, that doesn't mean that every conversation will be permitted. The moderators will, at their sole discretion, close or delete any threads which do not serve a beneficial purpose to the community.

Understand that while The Lounge is here as a place to relax and discuss random topics, that doesn't mean we will allow any topic. Topics which are inflammatory, hurtful, or otherwise clash with our Mac-Forums Community Guidelines will be removed.

Sad Moments

D

Danster

Everyone name their saddest moments in entertainment films, tv, games etc.

mine is the start of Mr. Bean where he is beamed down and that sad music starts playing.

I think it was when watching it as a kid I'v always felt sad everytime i see it because he looks so lonely :(

OP
D

Danster

Also when Homer helps his mom escape Mr. burns in the simpsons and at the end he says goodbye and as the credits roll he just sits there on his bonnet thinking with sad music playing :(
it just makes me feel sad

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
PowerMac G4 Cube 450mhz 832mb
youre talking to yourself, as far as a sad moment, one I remember is an old, old episode of fraggle rock where wimbleys gonna take a vacation for like a month and everyone is so sad.

OP
C

Cloudane

The film: Artificial Intelligence. It was on last night, so sad :(

Or a certain memorable event in FF7.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
G4 1Ghz OS X 10.4.7
Cloudane said:
Artificial Intelligence. It was on last night, so sad :(

Or a certain memorable event in FF7.
Yep, I agree on that one

Reaction score
I used to watch that show all the time when i was younger... I hate it now cause he doesn't talk.... lol.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook | 1.83ghz | 2gb ram
When Prince of Persia: Warrior Within turned out to be absolute trash. I loved the The Sands of Time. :(

OP
D

Desolate One

The last episode of Howdy Doody where Clarabell spoke for the first time ever, only to be never heard again.

OP
I

iThink

the ending of Closer....the song was perfect.....
It made me remember a few things.....felt achingly sad....

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacPro 3.0Ghz 16GB RAM, 4x256 Vid, 30''cinema display
Danster said:
Everyone name their saddest moments in entertainment films, tv, games etc.

mine is the start of Mr. Bean where he is beamed down and that sad music starts playing.

I think it was when watching it as a kid I'v always felt sad everytime i see it because he looks so lonely :(

when Bungie was bought out by microsoft.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacPro 3.0Ghz 16GB RAM, 4x256 Vid, 30''cinema display
nope its the single worst.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
PowerMac G4 Cube 450mhz 832mb
a extremely sad moment for me was when my puppy named buster died. I had 2 harlequin great danes from about their age of 2 months, at around a year, they were at my waist, I'm just over 6 feet. I didn't know the girl (Gabby) had gone into heat but apparently her brother(Gunther) did, I came home one day to find a small group of huddled together newborn crying puppies. Great Danes are so playful and gentle, most of the time anyway, mine were so playful, gunther thought that these must have been some kind of toys popping out of gabby as he started playing with them and chewing on them and what not.
after she was done, it seems gabby joined in the fun of tearing apart these new toys, there was puppy blood and guts all over the place, except a small group of 3 that stayed together(the afore mentioned group of crying puppies), it seems both dogs trampled 2 of the 3, so they died shortly after I found them. but 1, a surviver, like myself, stayed alive, the vet said he was fine and hadn't been stepped on or anything. I was so happy. he was gray with black spots, he was so cool, I spent lots of time with him and gabby to try to get her tyo mother him and feed him, but she was scared, and confused, and it was a week and a half later without any luck, she didn't want to, or was too young. so I had been feeding buster with a bottle and formula for puppies. he was doing so great, then one day, I came home, and he looked asleep, cause he loved sleeping, I waited a few minutes, then tried waking him, but he was dead. that was very sad for me.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2GHz Mac Mini 2GB RAM 160GB 10.6.2 | MDD DP 1.25GHz G4 1.5GB RAM 10.4.11 | 233MHz iMac G3 10.3.9
The end of the movie "Dancer in the Dark" w/Bjork when she's singing before execution...

OP
N

NineInchWorms

Sad moment in Film: In the movie "Vanilla Sky" when he is dreaming in central park, right after his accident and he meets Sophia. Only then to realize that it's only a dream and that he isn't really with her"

Touching...

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.