Exchange

Reaction score
Hi,

I am trying to get an Exchange server account to work in Mail. I can get it working fine in Outlook, but can't seem to find the setting needed in Mail.

The Exchange server isn't available on the internet, however it does have a webmail interface (Microsoft Office Web Access) - to set it up in Outlook you use the relevant domain for the Exchange server as you would locally (which is exchangebe.domain.local) and then configure it to connect "using HTTP with Outlook Anywhere" and enter the webmail's access domain (webmail.domain.com) as the proxy server.

Does anyone know how to do this? Or does Mail simply not have the required features?

Reaction score
I don't know about Mail, but if you're already considering Entourage, be sure to get the version that supports Exchange. The Home & Student Edition of Office 2008 doesn't have a version of Entourage that supports Exchange, but the next edition up does.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
13 inch Macbook Pro Retina, 2.7ghz, 128gb SSD
Snow Leopard 10.6 is going to have built in exchange support across the board… But that won't be released till next summer

OP
M
Reaction score
@CoMo: Does Entourage with Exchange allow Exchange over HTTP?

@shahvikram123: Do we know if 10.6 will allow this then? Because Exchange support doesn't necessarily mean what I am asking - Mail does support Exchange, just perhaps not over HTTP (which is what I am asking)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
12" Apple PowerBook G4 (1.5GHz)
If you can get to OWA, you can probably get it to work in Entourage, if you feel like springing $400 for the version with Exchange support. Entourage uses OWA to connect to Exchange.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
13 inch Macbook Pro Retina, 2.7ghz, 128gb SSD
@shahvikram123: Do we know if 10.6 will allow this then? Because Exchange support doesn't necessarily mean what I am asking - Mail does support Exchange, just perhaps not over HTTP (which is what I am asking)

Sorry I misread your original post, All Apple have said is that Snow Leopard will support Exhcange; do what degree it will support exchange is unknown…

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15,4" MBP 2,4 GHz, 2MB RAM, 250 GB HDD (Seagate aftermarket), Leopard, Logitech V470.
It does. Uses OWA or as it's now calle HTTP DAV all the time anyway ...

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.