Installed HP Photosmart C4380 BUT....

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15-inch Early 2008; Processor 2.4 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo; Memory 4 GB 667 MHz DDR2 SDRAM; 10.7.5
But of course it's not working. :Shouting: This all in one printer came with the Macbook Pro we got, and I installed it pretty much to the letter, per the instructions. I may not have unplugged the USB cable exactly when it said to during the last stage, but I don't think that would have caused any problems. The radio in the printer is on (clicked to have it turn on automatically), and I even re-booted my Airport Extreme. I've got the USB plug going right into the Airport Extreme's printer port.

The installation seemed to go swimmingly, as it detected everything right off the bat, but when I go to print something wirelessly, I'm getting a message saying that the printer is off line. At first I thought that printer sharing had to be turned on, so I did that, but it seems to have made zero difference. It still says offline when I go to print. Has anybody gotten their HP C4380 to work wirelessly ? I'm not sure of what to do at this point. Not as easy as I thought it would be to hook this thing up.

Doug

OP
Doug b
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15-inch Early 2008; Processor 2.4 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo; Memory 4 GB 667 MHz DDR2 SDRAM; 10.7.5
Went through network diagnostics, and everything checked out except for the last thing:

Picture 1.png

OP
Doug b
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Well, nevermind. I got it working, no thanks to the unintuitive nature of the printer's set up and such. I had to go into preferences, add the printer manually, and put in the iPV4 address to the printer, which got it rolling very well. Only thing is that if I want to use the utilities, I have to hit the utilities tab in a separate window, and I can't view ink levels from the default location.

It was a pain in the @rse, but it's working now, so I'm good. If anyone has this printer, and can't get it working, let me know and I'll be happy to help you.

Doug

Reaction score
Hi Doug, I am having a frustrating time with the exact problem you described above. I don't see why the c4380 works when I have it plugged in directly to my macbook via usb but it does not work wirelessly like it should.

Please help!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook 2.4 GHZ, 2G Ram, 160 GB HD| iPhone 4
ive had problems with two photosmart series printers from Apple. I decided to cut my losses and sell them. I hope Apple stops selling these printers.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.