Help! My Mac is Typing Messages to Me!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Unibody MacBook Pro 2.26, 4gb RAM, 500gb HD
I have a MacBook w/ 10.5.4. When I type a paragraph of text, my Mac inserts the phase "You $VCK Jason!" in the middle of my typing. Jason is my name, and I butchered the S-word that MF will probably filter out. I googled this problem and can't find any info on it.

Anyone seen this before? I've never seen anything like it on a Mac. It's causing me real grief as this is also my work computer.

EDIT: It seems to happen when I type the word "the" followed by the space bar. As soon as I hit the space bar it changes "the" to "You $vck Jason!". So far it seems to happen within Entourage and Word. Figures it's a Microsoft problem. I'm using Office 2008 version 12.1.2. I need to use Office for work. I'd like to not have to take the time to reinstall it if I don't have to.

Hit

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook 2.4Ghz
I seen that before it is something with automatic spelling correction
Is it always happening at the same words or letters

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Studio, M1 Max, 32 GB RAM, 2 TB SSD
This does sound like auto correction. Have you let a friend play with your Mac? They may have set up this particular auto correct as a practical joke. Is this possible?

OP
Jaygray
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Unibody MacBook Pro 2.26, 4gb RAM, 500gb HD
This does sound like auto correction. Have you let a friend play with your Mac? They may have set up this particular auto correct as a practical joke. Is this possible?

Thanks guys! You were right! Someone screwed with my spelling auto correction in both Word and Entourage. I'm not sure who though. Hopefully it was just a friend messing around and not a vulnerability in Office that allows it to be done via a hack...

Reaction score
Woah, I really thought that was a breach! There's no known such vulnerability in OSX and I'd be surprised if there were, given the UNIX core.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2011 MBP, i7, 16GB RAM, MBP 2.16Ghz Core Duo, 2GB ram, Dual 867Mhz MDD, 1.75GB ram, ATI 9800 Pro vid
To help avoid idiots playing with your system in the future, turn on the screen save and require a password to get back to your work.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.