Print Screen

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook 2.0ghz, Ibook G4 1.33ghz, Powerbook Lombard 333mhz
Is there a button on the apple commputer that allows you to take a screenshot of the screen like on a PC with the Sreen Shot button?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
PowerMac G4 Cube 450mhz 832mb
there is:
shift+command+3 to take a full screenshot,
shift+command+4 to have a crosshair come up, then drag and select desired area,
shift+command+4 and tap space bar, the crosshair becomes a camera, any window it is over will turn blue as in expose and it will be a screenshot of only that window.

rman

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14in MacBook Pro M1 Max 32GB 2TB
Macman you beat me to it. lol :)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
PowerMac G4 Cube 450mhz 832mb
rman said:
Macman you beat me to it. lol :)
;) :mac:
yes, well, they dont call me macman for nothing. plus as far as I know, I was the first ever to post those last 2 screensot shortcuts on this forum(way back in october). Macman to the rescue;) jk

I

ibmac'n

Do you guys know how much I use screen shot? Mucho!
The commands mentioned above really allow me to custom select and snap a shot of whatever. Right before I checked Mac Forums, I had just taken a snapshot of a list of files that I needed some clarification on with another mac user. I added wording and arrows which helps me to show someone what I'm talking about. So darn useful!!!
Macs are ...........................grrrreat!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
12" Apple PowerBook G4 (1.5GHz)
Macman said:
there is:
shift+command+3 to take a full screenshot,
shift+command+4 to have a crosshair come up, then drag and select desired area,
shift+command+4 and tap space bar, the crosshair becomes a camera, any window it is over will turn blue as in expose and it will be a screenshot of only that window.

We should note that the screenshot will be saved as a PDF file to your desktop (called "Picture 1" or "Picture 2" etc.)

To export them as some other format, open them in Preview and choose File > Export...

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.