Need help/tips on saving up for/getting a MacBook Pro

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Hey everyone! First post here, but I saw the magazine at the grocery store and thought I would check it out. Anyways...

I am currently working on saving up for a MacBook Pro. :D It's extremely hard, and I cannot get a job, so that's even worse. I'm currently working on selling advertisement space for the lid of my soon-to-be laptop so I can get it. The ads will be permanently laser engraved into the lid. I'm going to be using it for music production and live shows. It'll be shown around Cincinnati a lot! :)

So I've come to you all with jealous eyes, who most likely own a Mac already. Does anyone have any tips for someone who cannot get a job on how to save money for one? Or hey, would you like to purchase advertisement space?
Thanks for all the information, and kindness in advance. :D

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook. 2GHZ, 2 GIG RAM, 80HDD, Airport, Bluetooh.
Why can't you get a job ? You must be old enough since you understand advertisment and Music Production.

"In this world, you want somthing, go earn it!"

Fastest way is to get a job like the rest of the people in the world have to.

You are a student, go get a part-time job in a McDonalds, cafe or any other establishment. The idea of engraving adds on the macbooks has allready been done. Other people have tried it and got no where with it. + Why would some person give $150 of there money to be told "an add will be placed on the Macbook" No garentee etc...

To cut a long story short, its been done, coppied and failed! so get a JOB

As harsh as i may sound its for your own good.

Reaction score
You can always get a job, you probably aren't trying hard enough. I mean its not easy to get a job, but if you try hard enough you will get one.

As for saving money, make a budget. Set some money aside for spending, because if you try and save all your money, you are just going to end up blowing it all. Maybe even ask your parents for a loan and pay them back slowly?

As for that laser engraving stuff, it looks pretty sweet. I'd do it to my MBP for free, I think it looks that sweet.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MACBOOK *white* 2.4GHz; 2GB RAM; 160GB HDD
You can always get a job, you probably aren't trying hard enough. I mean its not easy to get a job, but if you try hard enough you will get one.

As for saving money, make a budget. Set some money aside for spending, because if you try and save all your money, you are just going to end up blowing it all. Maybe even ask your parents for a loan and pay them back slowly?

As for that laser engraving stuff, it looks pretty sweet. I'd do it to my MBP for free, I think it looks that sweet.

hehe i agree with the laser engraving looking awesome. i too would let people put thier logos on a macbook pro for me for free. :Oops:

i hear you on getting a job. . .it's tough right now.
i like the idea of borrowing the money from your parents (if they could help you with it). that's what i do once in awhile with my parents.
or you could save some money (say half of what you're looking to spend on the mac) then ask your parents for a loan. . .that way they don't have to front you the entire amount.

or how good is your credit?
apple has thier own financing through a credit card, or you can try and do a bill-me-later on it, and just make monthly payments.
i just made a bill-me-later purchase for a camera (a canon xsi) a couple of months ago. . .it was a great option, and i had no problems with it.

hehe i'm sooo there with you on HAVING to have a macbook pro :D . i'm pretty desperate for one right now as well. ;D
thnx.

Reaction score
I know it might sound dumb, or useless, but perhaps you can sell things that you don't need anymore...

I'm going to be making a pretty big purchase on some photography equipment by December, and I had to save up around 3 grand. I still haven't gotten 3 grand, but I've managed around 1300 now within' the last 1 month...

So I suggest that you take a look at things that you might not need anymore, and put them up for sale at places like Craigslist.

Good luck!

cwa107

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14" MacBook Pro M1 Pro, 16GB RAM, 1TB SSD
So I've come to you all with jealous eyes, who most likely own a Mac already. Does anyone have any tips for someone who cannot get a job on how to save money for one? Or hey, would you like to purchase advertisement space?
Thanks for all the information, and kindness in advance. :D

Anything worth having is worth working for. Get a job and please do not solicit here. I have removed your link and this thread is being closed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.