40GB Multimedia: from PC to Mac? Help!

S

SeditionXW

I am a PC user (and tired of it). This spring I wil be switching to a Powerbook. But in the meantime I have 40+GB of video and audio files, with no more disk space. How can I move all of these files on to an external hard drive if I am using PC right now? Won't it have to be reformatted for Mac use?
:confused: Help!
Alex

Reaction score
from my experence, formatting dosent realy matter with OS X, if it is a FireWire or USB it should be fine

Reaction score
SeditionXW said:
I am a PC user (and tired of it). This spring I wil be switching to a Powerbook. But in the meantime I have 40+GB of video and audio files, with no more disk space. How can I move all of these files on to an external hard drive if I am using PC right now? Won't it have to be reformatted for Mac use?
:confused: Help!
Alex

Make sure the drive is formatted fat 32 and make sure the drive has a volume name. If it is a usb for firewire it will work on both the pc and the mac, both will be able to read and write to it.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.