Connect OS9 to windows workgroup

C

crossi007

Hi all,
I have an issue, I'd like to connect an old i-book clamshell with OS9 to a windows workgroup, but I do not have the DAVE client.

I have some data I'd like to copy before I format and install OSX.

I have tried to copy using a firewire and USB drive but I need to update FireWire 2.7 but this requires Mac OS 9.1 to be installed. Thus I would leave all the data right?

When I select chooser, appletalk and select fixed IP on windows pc for example: 192.168.1.14 of course I cannot connect using IP.

OS9 has no smb or samba client to connect either, so how can I remove the data If I cannot attach to an external device or attach to a workgroup?

If anyone has any ideas let me know

Crossi007 :eek:neye:

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 24" 2.66 C2D, 13" MacBook i7 2.9GHz, iPad 3, iPhone 4
You should be able to install File/Print Sharing for Appletalk if you have/know someone with Windows 2000. Dunno if XP has that feature off hand.

You could also FTP your files if you have webspace and the files aren't too big.

How about a USB CD burner? You can get those pretty cheap now a days.

OP
B

Badger

Firewire and USB are independent so you should be able to copy through the USB port to an external device. Is there a hardware problem?

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.