Is this website for real? Or is it a scam?

Reaction score
Hello Everyone
As I was doing some research, A window popped up and it said my mac has been running slow as I have been infected with some virus- Knowing such pop-ups are usually a scam I just cancelled it but I have its website
www.scanner.msscanner-online.com

I went to this site and saw nothing but Ignxd so such nothing else came up
has anyone else experienced this?
BTW , when this window popped up it showed that I had 14 viruses!! I did not believe that but my mac has been a bit slow-
what is the anti virus we have built in for Macs?Please help
Thanks

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini Core i7 2012 | White 2009 MacBook 2 Ghz | 733 Mhz G4 Quicksilver
Its a false site, since websites cannot scan a mac for viruses, the website would need to download a program AND get your permission to run.

Those anti virus sites usually offer some sort of anti virus app for Windows that is really a trojan horse, thus infecting a (WEindows ) machine

If you want mac maintenance download MainMenu and run its maintenence tasks and a disk permission repair

There are no viruses for mac, but if you want to run a scan the open source ClamX will help

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac mini, 20" Cinema, wireless keyboard and mouse.
Hello Everyone
As I was doing some research, A window popped up and it said my mac has been running slow as I have been infected with some virus- Knowing such pop-ups are usually a scam I just cancelled it but I have its website
www.scanner.msscanner-online.com

I went to this site and saw nothing but Ignxd so such nothing else came up
has anyone else experienced this?
BTW , when this window popped up it showed that I had 14 viruses!! I did not believe that but my mac has been a bit slow-
what is the anti virus we have built in for Macs?Please help
Thanks

Same to me, just Ignxd.
And yes it's spam.

Try ClamX for antivirus software http://www.clamxav.com/

OP
M
Reaction score
Thank you guys for your quick responses as well as the site for anti-virus
i knew that it would be a scam and thats why i noted the site down and from my other Pc checked it out!
Thanks again , appreciate it

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Al iMac 20" 2.4Ghz Intel Core 2 Duo
I don't get much when I click on that link.

There are a lot of pop up windows out there that pretend to be scanning your machine. They are just animations though.

It's a trick.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Base Model MacBook (White from early 2008)
I got that once, too. The funny thing is, a lot of these "scanning" pop-ups are animated to look like Windows XP. That's to be expected, since most people use that. Anyway, I'm glad it's just an animation.

Hit

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook 2.4Ghz
Lol those popups are meant for Windows to trick people to actually download a virus
The virus scanner is a virus

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac mini, 20" Cinema, wireless keyboard and mouse.
Lol those popups are meant for Windows to trick people to actually download a virus
The virus scanner is a virus

Yes it's for Windows computers. :D

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.