about to switch...need your opinion

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac G5 17" 80GB
finally fed up with 4 year old dell which is now a great paper weight. my question isnt if to switch but to what. emac or imac. i just use to surf web but want to start more on digital photos and will be getting an ipod soon. also will be used by 9 year old daughter. any suggestions?? is the imac worth the extra money???

Reaction score
brkpsu said:
finally fed up with 4 year old dell which is now a great paper weight. my question isnt if to switch but to what. emac or imac. i just use to surf web but want to start more on digital photos and will be getting an ipod soon. also will be used by 9 year old daughter. any suggestions?? is the imac worth the extra money???

Almost anything will get you on the web, but look to the future, don't tie yourself to something that won't grow as you go. I would highly recommend an iMac. With the 1.8 and 20" screen they are one heck of a computer and a very good buy. If money is short you might consider the 17" screen for a savings.

Which ever way you go, the iMac will do very well for what you do now and what you may want to do later. I would figure that an upgrade on the ram will be in order right off the bat. They come with 256 and you will really need at least another 512. My wifes iMac with 768 ram runs everything quite nicely and smoothly.

OP
B
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac G5 17" 80GB
Thanks for the input. Thats along the lines I was thinking.

D

Danster

Thr eMac is a great lil computer but is getting a lil bit dated now and the iMac is the future.

consider buying the superdrive modle as you will get a snappier
G5 also and update the RAM to 512 and buy additional RAM later if you wish

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.