DVD Burner?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook 2.1 Ghz 4GB RAM 120GB HDD, iPod Touch 16GB, iPod Shuffle 1GB, BB 8130
So I went downtown with a couple friends to check out the Apple Store - WOW! Crazy, I loved it. I was always worried that a 13" MacBook would be too small screen size, but it was like twice as large as I would have thought. Also the 24" iMacs - completely insane. I loved it. Imagine playing games on that thing!

What I'd like to know is do all Macs come with a DVD burner? I'd like to put a lot of my DVD/seasons (House, Friends, etc) on my Macbook, but I want to make sure this works. On my PC I can do it, but it imports them in some weird filetype then I need a converter.

Would this all work in iDVD?

And also, what are the differences between a combo drive and a superdrive?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini 2.5 i5/16Gb/500Gb/Radeon 6630M-256MB
Combo drives are this, they read and write to CD, CD-R and CD-RW but only read DVD.

Superdrives do the above CD tasks then they also read and write to DVD, DVD-R, +R, -RW, +RW, and the newer ones also do Dual Layer discs.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini Core i7 2012 | White 2009 MacBook 2 Ghz | 733 Mhz G4 Quicksilver
To convert your disks to work on the mac use Handbrake

Reaction score
All MacBooks can read DVDs which would allow you to copy the content to the Mac - if you opt for a SuperDrive, you can then write to DVDs as well.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac mini, 20" Cinema, wireless keyboard and mouse.
You can use your network to transfer your data.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.