itunes question

Reaction score
Okay now I noticed no matter what I do when ever I transfer music into my itunes it automatically saves it self in the itunes music folder...I don't want any of my music saved on my hard drive just played through itunes. I have over 25gigs of music and I would like to keep my macbooks hd pretty relatively clean and large haha. Is their a way so that itunes wont save all my music and I can just keep it on my external hard drive since my external hard drive is connected to my macbook 9kj5% of the time?

Any help will be appreciated it.

Reaction score
Blogging about good deals on apple stuff. Come vi
There's a option in the itunes prefs where you can select (or in your case deselect) to have music copied to your hard drive. Untick the box and you'll be good! (nice name, BTW)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 15", 2.66GHz Intel Core 2 Duo, 4GB RAM, OS X 10.8.2, iPad 1, 80gb iPod, ATV 1, iPhone 5
Or you can just tell iTunes that your library is on the external. that way when you import things it will go right to external.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.