PPC 350 MHz G3

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
PPC 350MHz blueberry, Tiger, 1gb, Office 2004, OneTouch 500gb
Can anyone explain why I cant watch m4p files or avi files without having the sound and pictures stop and go. Also, my java applications like playing poker online does not load any longer, the first time I logged in the site I got in but very slow, now it wont even load. Those are the only questions that I have for today.
Is it because my processor is too slow? Or did the updates that was installed made some applications slower?
My system specs are listed in my signature.
Eventually, I will upgrade to a much updated system. For now just enjoying having to switch from pc to mac.
Thanks in advance.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
17 inch 2 GHz C2D imac (5,1) with 3GB DDR2 RAM, X1600 (128MB memory) GPU - OSX 10.6.3
For the video files I would safely say the processor is a little too slow. I have a 333mhz imac and it cannot playback youtube videos smoothly. The same might be said for the online poker. But I've had no experience with it.

Does these things work well on the PC? And what speed is it's cpu? That might be telling you something there.

Reaction score
Your system would run much better as a whole with Panther (10.3) installed rather than Tiger (10.4).

I had a 450mhz iMac, which I have since passed on to my father, and it ran great when I updated from OS9 to Panther but since putting Tiger on it it is now extremely sluggish.

Unfortunately Tiger is too heavy to handle efficiently for these older systems.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Al iMac 20" 2.4Ghz Intel Core 2 Duo
It's probably the hard drive bus speed. It can't fetch the frames fast enough to display them.

I think you're just asking too much from a 10 year old machine.

OP
onetwopunch
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
PPC 350MHz blueberry, Tiger, 1gb, Office 2004, OneTouch 500gb
Yeah running video files and java apps ran well on my pc system, did not have problems.
Unfortunately, as soon as I picked up this mac, i went to the local computer store and had OS X 10.4 installed. I think im sol on Panther, cause thats another $75 for a copy ($75 for Tiger).
I did notice running Word is not very smooth. I will try Panther asap.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacMini 14.3, 8.1 & 4.1, OS 13.5, 10.14, & 10.11 & 10.6; Macbook Pro 8.2, OS 10.12.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.