internet not connecting automatically

Reaction score
I installed some updates a while ago (not sure exactly what it was, one of them may have been about airport) and since then my wireless internet will not connect automatically like it usually does.
I checked the settings and it says that known networks will be joined automatically, and under advanced settings my network is at the top of the preferred networks list.

Am I missing something? Thanks!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook Pro 15" 2.5GHz, 2Gb RAM, 250Gb HDD, 512Mb VRAM
What kind of router are you using? I had myriad problems recently connecting to a previously fine Linksys router, and updating the firmware on the router was enough to get me up and running again. For what it's worth, mine was a Linksys WRT54G. Might be worth doing a Google on your router type and the word "Mac", that's how I solved my woes. ;)

My suggestion would be to check whether there's updated firmware for your router and if so, install it and see if that helps. That's just from my limited experience, though, so others might be able to offer other suggestions. :)

OP
N
Reaction score
Thanks! It just fixed itself with the updates that came up last night! Hurray! One was a Mac OSX update...I think the last one messed up a setting and somehow this new one reversed it.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook Pro 15" 2.5GHz, 2Gb RAM, 250Gb HDD, 512Mb VRAM
Glad it worked out! :)

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.