the quality of todays PC. getting worse?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2015 Retina 4K iMac. Monterey. 8GB RAM. Crucial 500GB external SSD
1. My brother got a gateway laptop that broke 4 months after he bought it.... after best buy and gateway tossed tons of parts at it, they could not fix it. gave him his money back. (they never did figure out what the problem was).

2. a coworker's dell laptop is dead after 2 yrs. she paid $700+ for it. Now she's buying another one (she told me she wants a mac but can't afford one). :|

3. a person I do pc/mac work for had a hp laptop where after a year or so, the usb ports stopped working.

are pc's churned out so quickly that the quality of them are getting worse than ever? sure would seem that way.

unless these people are just a few unlucky persons.

By comparison, my G4 sawtooth I sold last year was 7 yrs old. It had many upgrades I did personally (including the processor).... I sold it to a coworker and at 8 yrs old, I'm told it's still running great!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" 2014 MacBook Pro, i7 2.5Ghz, 16GB RAM, 512GB SSD; iPad 3, iPhone 6
Well it's pretty much a fact that anything made with a defect that is then fixed, is more likely to have another problem than a machine with no initial defect. It's just a fact of manufacturing.

It's just a shame shops don't recognise this. A lot of time and money would be saved by simply giving the customer a new machine right from the start.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Black Macbook C2D 2GHz 3GB RAM 250GB HD iPhone 4 iPad 3G
There's a reason why PCs have gotten so cheap...

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.