Help Asap Please!!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook 2.4 ghz 2gb RAM, Ipod
Hi there, please could someone help me out here?!

I have tried and tried to install Vista Ultimate on to my new MacBook, I have successfully re-partioned the HD many times and each time my MB restarts to install Windows, the screen goes grey then flashes as if something's going wrong then I see the error message 'No bootable device-- insert boot disk and press any key'.

Every time! The copy of windows is fine, it works on pcs. I don't understand what's happening. I can still access Mac os x by holding down alt as I start up the machine. Also it does recognise windows, when I hold alt it gives me option whether to start up in mac or windows (represented by a disk image).

Please help!!!

Thanks, Lily

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
It's difficult to say what's wrong.... Some guesses follow.

1. Is your Vista partition formatted as NTFS? Vista will only install to NTFS not FAT-32.

2. Is the Vista disk a MS full install boxed copy or OEM system builder's full install copy? Restore, recovery, and branded OEM copies will not work.

Either of the above could result in the "No bootable device" error.

Regards.

OP
L
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook 2.4 ghz 2gb RAM, Ipod
Thanks I'll try it when I'm home from work

Regds

Reaction score
Also, are you using Boot Camp for the partition? If not, errors can arise when you try to partition and install Windows other than via BC.

Good luck

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.