Program Comparable to Microsoft Money

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac and Macbook
Please recommend an accounting program that is similar to Money 2004 or thereabouts. I do not do online banking and do not need anything that will do any downloading, etc. I still like paper for that.

I do like the Money feature that automatically prints out the report at the end of the year showing a synopsis of taxable income, deductions, etc.

Presently I use MYOB for my business. It is much more advanced than Money but do not know if it generates the reports at the end of the year for tax deductions, etc.

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
I use "Checkbook" from Splasm Software:

http://www.splasm.com/

It's a simple, yet powerful program that can keep track of your personal finances in addition to checking accounts and print out end of the year reports. It will import data from Microsoft Money. (exported as QIF from MS Money)

Checkbook is shareware but you can try it out before you buy it.

Regards.

OP
N
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac and Macbook
I checked the website--it looks very promising. Thanks so much. I see that Quicken has not gotten good reviews. The download site shows lots of accounting software also.

cwa107

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14" MacBook Pro M1 Pro, 16GB RAM, 1TB SSD
Another one that I've seen very positive reviews of is iBank.

OP
N
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac and Macbook
Wow--ibank seems to be just what I'm looking for--thanks so much.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Unibody MacBook 2.4GHz/4GB Ram/320GB HD
I've struggled with this same question. My solution is to continue using MS Money via Boot Camp/Parallels.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.