Help me decide

Reaction score
I'm not sure where this type of question belongs, but here's the deal.

I'm sick and tired of replacing my stupid piece of crap laptops every 18 months. I'm thinking of replacing my compaq with a MacBook or MacBook Pro. Can someone tell me all the reasons (in words that I can understand) there would be for me to buy the Pro over the regular MacBook. I'm trying to decide whether or not it's worth the extra $650 I'll have to shell out.

Thanks so much!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro Unibody
Do you need the better graphics card? Do you need a bigger / higher resolution screen? Do you need / want a backlit keyboard?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook White 2.16GHz 2Gb OS X 10.5, 16Gb iPhone 3G Black
Basically, as mentioned above, the MBP offers a larger screen with higher resolution, independent graphics card (mainly important for gameing and demanding video editing), backlit keyboard, better inbuilt speakers, option of 50Gb more hard drive space, faster processor.

Thats all i can think of right now. im sure there are more differences, but they are the major/most noticable ones.

OP
B
Reaction score
Thanks for the input, I appreciate it.

I think the MacBook will suit my needs just fine for the time being.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.