XP is working... kinda :(

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook 2.4GHz Intel, 2 GB DDR2
Okay finally got a copy of XP thanks to the campus bookstore. Started the transformation. I printed out the 'step by step' guide from apple... (I found that there list was a bit off). But whatever I got XP installed and time to install the drivers so airport works and so on. Insert the OS X Install Disc 1 go through the handy dandy instal wizard and....

nothing? Can i just install it again or what should i do here? Also there is no 'boot camp' in the system try like the Installation & Setup Guide said there would be. Also a part of the installation it kept saying macbook air (which i do not have)?

Thoughts? Thanks :Grimmace:

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini i5 (2014 High Sierra), iPhone X, Apple Watch, iPad Pro 12.9, AppleTV (4)
Did you use the install disc that came with you macbook or a different disc?

cwa107

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14" MacBook Pro M1 Pro, 16GB RAM, 1TB SSD
Try installing the latest Boot Camp drivers (available here).

OP
T
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
okay downloading... do i need to re-do the process?

OP
T
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
SO i should have downloaded that in windows right... problem is i don't have internet in windows :)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
24" iMac 2.4 Intel C2D, 4GB RAM
maybe you could burn it onto disk first then transfer to windows?

OP
T
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
i think the problem is the new hardware wizard. I'm going to try and just go through d: and activate setup.exe and see what happens :(

cwa107

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14" MacBook Pro M1 Pro, 16GB RAM, 1TB SSD
SO i should have downloaded that in windows right... problem is i don't have internet in windows :)

Yes, you would need to access it from within Windows. So, you'll either want to burn it to a disc or copy it onto a flash drive so you can access it from there.

Once you have access to the file, it's just a matter of double-clicking on the Setup program. Also, if you get any warnings about "unsigned drivers", make sure you allow them to be installed anyway.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.