Crysis settings

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15in MBP 2.5GHz Core2Duo | 1.83Ghz Dual G5 PowerMac | 2.0 GHz Dual G5 PowerMac
I have Crysis installed on my MBP on the XP partition via Bootcamp. For some reason, when i press the autodetect feature for the graphic settings, and it set everything to high. This blew my mind because many people have been saying how graphics intensive this game is. So i tried it, and it honestly didn't cut it. I tried it at medium, that was better, but i still noticed it was a bit choppy, so i have been playing it at low. Why did the game detect everything at high though in the first place?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Al iMac 20" 2.4Ghz Intel Core 2 Duo
What drivers are you using and what GPU do you have?

I can play with everything on medium on my Radeon 2600 iMac, with the latest drivers (not the Apple bootcamp ones)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.66Ghz Penryn C2D iMac
What drivers are you using and what GPU do you have?

I can play with everything on medium on my Radeon 2600 iMac, with the latest drivers (not the Apple bootcamp ones)

Did you get these from ATI website? I have noticed that the Radeon in my iMac does some lame-o renderings in Quake 4 (in XP w/Bootcamp drivers) sometimes even though that graphics card is WAY more than whats needed for that game. I get things like the screen splits horizontally when there is a lot of action on screen, the frame buffer sometimes speeds things up too much after an action intensive section, etc, it's nit picking on my part it runs really well 98% of the time. I never had these problems running my old AGP Nvidia FX 5200 in my P4 Dell Win Box, and that system was SEVERELY underpowered for that game. Do you know how many FPS your getting in Crysis with the 2600?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Al iMac 20" 2.4Ghz Intel Core 2 Duo
I couldn't tell you the FPS off the top of my head I'm afraid.

Your Q4 problem sounds strange, but it could be the Bootcamp drivers.

To install the latest ones, download from this page: http://game.amd.com/us-en/drivers_catalyst.aspx?p=xp/radeonx-xp

Install them and you will get an error message. This is all part of the plan though!

Then go to Device Manager and install again using 'update driver'. Select 2600XT from the list and you should be good to go.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
First gen Mac Pro, Dual 2.66
I couldn't tell you why the game autoset it to high, but an 8600 with 512MB isn't enough to run it at that level. I assume this is outputting to your 22 inch at a high resolution. If you played it on your MBPs LCD it would probably play much better at high settings

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini 2.5 i5/16Gb/500Gb/Radeon 6630M-256MB
Heck even on my newly built Intel machine with dual 8600 GTS cards in SLI....Crysis just barely runs at high settings....and this thing is overclocked !

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.