Ordered my custom MacBook!

Reaction score
Hey all you Mac heads.

I have been lurking around the forums seeing if there was any information that I could soak up. I just decided to register. When I get my mac in a couple of days, I will post up saying how fun it was to open up the box. I have a very sexy desktop as of right now a www.VoodooPC.com (PRE-HP Buyout [eww].) School is starting up I am going to be very involved in my studies and extra school related activities so I wanted a purchase a laptop. Looked at Dell laptops, HP, Toshiba. I owned a DELL when I was in 8th grade.. PC sucked balls. I played games pretty religiously so the watered down cheap knock off parts in that dell was not going to cut it for me. I got my voodoo for Christmas from my mom and dad. It was so insane still is really impressive when people look at the custom Lian Li case. But games are bad if played to much and that is one problem I have :D. So since school will be starting I wanted a laptop that wouldn't be able to play games on it. Instantly thought of a Mac ha ha, I always made fun of mac users etc when I was very heavy into gaming just because my only purpose for the PC was to play games and owning a Mac would just be stupid if your playing games competitively so I showed Macs no love. This is first time I want/need a computer for something other than games, the mac seems perfect. I am very excited about it, I could never imagine owning a HP, Dell, or basically any computer where the company ruins it by putting there STUFF into the mobo and locking it. Well that's sort of my PC history and as I said, I am really excited about getting my new laptop MacBook.

Thanks
:Evil:

OP
chaM
Reaction score
So I am on my macbook right now! I just got it in the mail today. It is pretty cool to have a laptop it is my first laptop and this is also my first mac, I will not lie I am a little worried there are so many options etc that I have to learn hopefully they will come to me over time..

Reaction score
CONGRATS!! Just enjoy the learning process... I was so nervous about switching to Mac, I couldn't sleep at night... now I sleep at night knowing I am waking up to my MacBook :)

OP
chaM
Reaction score
I just downloaded acquisition, hopefully that is the best p2p/torrent program for the mac. It installed pretty simply I just clicked the installation program (.dmg?) and walla.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro, 2.5GHz C2D, 6 Gigs Ram (Yes) 320 7200 RPM..and much more!
I just downloaded acquisition, hopefully that is the best p2p/torrent program for the mac. It installed pretty simply I just clicked the installation program (.dmg?) and walla.

I find that transmission is the best P2P program, but thats just my opinion.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
13" Black MacBook | 2.2GHz Core 2 Duo | 4GB RAM | 160GB HDD
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
17 inch 2 GHz C2D imac (5,1) with 3GB DDR2 RAM, X1600 (128MB memory) GPU - OSX 10.6.3
Congrats on the new macbook. And I wouldn't be so sure about gaming there. As there are a lot of games out there that the latest macbooks can run. Heck even the game box it's intel graphics card is good enough for Spore. And that was released yesterday here.

Anyways hope you like the new macbook.

OP
chaM
Reaction score
My macbook is 2 days old counting today. I just noticed a little super small purple dot. Looks like one pixel in my screen its always there, is there any ideas to get rid of it?

Reaction score
My macbook is 2 days old counting today. I just noticed a little super small purple dot. Looks like one pixel in my screen its always there, is there any ideas to get rid of it?

Sometimes putting a little rubbing pressure on the pixel will make it go away. Use a soft/microfibre cloth, support the screen and press and rub. It may also go away with time.

CrimsonRequiem

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 2.3 Ghz 4GB RAM 860 GB SSD, iMac 3.4 GHz Intel Core i7 32GB RAM, Fusion Drive 1TB
...I could never imagine owning a HP, Dell, or basically any computer where the company ruins it by putting there STUFF into the mobo and locking it...

I don't quite understand this part? Meh custom order seems like a waste of money. Tier 2 Macbook and do the upgrades yourself saves a lot of money.

Congrats anyways.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2 GB 667 MHz DDR2 SDRAM MacBook, 2.4 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo
Use Mac 101 on the Apple website to learn all about Mac. They have video tutorials and articles on everything you can learn about your Mac. Stuff that we - the pros on this site don't even know is on there. You'll be a professional in no time if you use Mac 101. Google it to find it, it's easiest that way.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.