Moved an app, now it asks for repair every time i launch

Reaction score
I installed a program, but it installed multiple different items in my apps folder. I didnt realise it would do this before installing. So, i created a folder in the Applications folder and moved all the apps there.

Now, every time i start the main app, it says the application was moved and needs to repair. It works fine, it's just annoing that it asks every time i launch it.

Is there a way to fix that without having to reinstall?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 20" 2.4 Ghz Intel Core 2 Duo 4gig,Mac OS X Maverick, Macbook Intel 2gig, iPhone 3G
drag them out of the folder back into the applications general list

OP
NumberSix
Reaction score
Is there a solution other than that?

I may be anal, but I don't like having 4-5 icons lying around for the same product, I prefer to have them grouped together.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Pro 1,1 / 2x2.66 GHz Dual Core Xeon / 5 GB RAM / OS 10.6
maybe try uninstalling, and then reinstalling but when you do, see if there's any option to choose a specific location to install to.

If so, create a folder there first, and then install the application.

What application is it?

OP
NumberSix
Reaction score
The app is Photoshop. It also installs Bridge, Device Central, Help Viewer and Stock Photos. I hate having all these apps separate in the Applications folder, I was hoping there would be a solution other than re-installing :(

Reaction score
Same problem

Have a million apps and was just trying to organize them better so that my fly-out shortcut on the dock was more manageable.

No solution, but I did notice that all of my other apps (InDesign, Illustrator, Dreamweaver, Flash, etc...) fixed themselves after the first notice. Only Photoshop continued to give me problems. Couldn't find a workaround and gave up. Moved Photoshop back, but kept the other organized.

Sorry for no solution, just letting you know you're not crazy for wanting to organize your apps and for being frustrated with the lack of control with the initial CS3 install.

Good luck.

Bill

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.