• The Mac-Forums Community Guidelines (linked at the top of every forum) are very clear, we respect US law and court precedence when it comes to legality of activity.

Therefore to clarify:
    • You may not discuss breaking DVD or BluRay encryption, copying, or "ripping" commercial, copy-protected DVDs.
    • This includes DVDs or BluRays you own. Even if you own the DVD or BluRay, it is still technically illegal under the DMCA to break the encryption. While some may argue otherwise, until the law is rewritten or the US Supreme Court strikes it down, we will adhere to the current intent of the law.
    • You may discuss ripping or copying unprotected movies or homemade DVDs.
    • You may discuss ripping or copying tools in the context that they are used for legal purposes as outlined in this post.

LT Quickcam Pro 9000 - RightLight2 hack?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MDD 867, 2GB, ATI 9800 Pro, 10.5.x
I'd like to start off by saying that logitech is mean and doesn't care about making webcam software for me. However, they did have a 10.5 control center update and now my mouse is working correctly, so they're only half mean. Anyways..

I bought the 9000 after reading that this webcam was UVC compliant. It has great video, an excellent mic and the framerate is isight worthy, but only when there's A LOT of light. I'm to understand that the rightlight2 technology is affecting the fps, so lower light, lower framerate. Software developed for the PC controls this option, but of course there's nothing in development for mac (you'd think LT would hop on this after releasing the Vision).

Does anybody know how to break into this webcam to turn off the rightlight2 technology? Hopefully one of the big dogs has an answer.

Reaction score
Try iGlasses trial period from Ecamm.com - the demo will let you at least test it out and help compensate for lighting and color-balance.

I don't know if that will help frame-rate tho. What's interesting about iGlasses is that it's smart enough to recognize HARDWARE features that SOME cameras have that other's don't. As I've tried different webcams, some might show, say, hardware Sharpness or White-Balance options available in iGlasses that another cam doesn't support and therefore doesn't show in the adjustments panel.

Good lighting is the #1 rule for capturing anything. But it does SUCK if you have to have desk lighting so bright you feel like a deer in a car's headlights or you're on-stage.

Doc
http://www.mac-compatible-web-cam.com/

OP
gfoursoup
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MDD 867, 2GB, ATI 9800 Pro, 10.5.x
I bought iGlasses and it was a worthy purchase, but didn't fix the framerate unfortunately. I guess the vision pro corrected this problem so LT definitely won't be writing any software. Thanks for the reply

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.