Sold my PC today ...

Reaction score
Sold my PC today after a couple of weeks of having posted an advertisement about it several times on Craigslist. I plan on buying an iMac this week. The model I plan on getting is the dual-core Intel 20-inch iMac that runs at 2.66 GHz and has 2 GB of RAM. I plan on using it for occasional gaming (I have a Xbox 360 for that stuff, mainly), internet activities, e-mail, DVDs, and other things. Thoughts? (Mind you, this is going to be my first Macintosh, as I have been a Windows and DOS user for over 15 years now - I know how to build PCs and can repair them, so I'm not exactly a slouch when it comes to computers, but I figured it couldn't hurt to get other folks' opinions here.) Thanks in advance.

Reaction score
Blogging about good deals on apple stuff. Come vi
The iMac is an excellent introduction to the world of Apple. You might want to think about bumping up one screen size - it's so pretty to look at, you'll want more :D

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook Pro 2.4 GHz 3gb
Yeh I would say go to the apple store and have a look at both as the extra 4" makes one **** of a difference

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
17 inch 2 GHz C2D imac (5,1) with 3GB DDR2 RAM, X1600 (128MB memory) GPU - OSX 10.6.3
I would agree with the above. Go into an apple store or reseller store and have a look ad the imacs there. But in the value for money stakes I think the best 20 inch imac easily wins. For me I have an old 17 inch c2d Imac and I think the screen is just nice. A 20 inch one would be even better. But the 24 inch is not better again. As my eyes can't focus on all of the screen at once like on the 20 inch. Because the 24 inch is just so big. I have to look at parts of the screen at a time. And it's a little annoying to me. That's why I prefer the 20 inch.

And I know the 24 inch has a better viewing angle. But for 99% of the time I am directly infront of my mac so that's not really an issue to me.

So my advice is get the best 20 inch imac there is with the best graphics card apple offers for it. Because you have the xbox for games. And that imac is plenty good for everything you want to do with it. Just get any extra ram from a 3rd party seller though. Cause apple ram prices are outrageous.

I'd only consider the 24 inch if I were you if you really insist on needing that extra screen real estate.

Reaction score
Sold my PC today after a couple of weeks of having posted an advertisement about it several times on Craigslist. I plan on buying an iMac this week. The model I plan on getting is the dual-core Intel 20-inch iMac that runs at 2.66 GHz and has 2 GB of RAM. I plan on using it for occasional gaming (I have a Xbox 360 for that stuff, mainly), internet activities, e-mail, DVDs, and other things. Thoughts? (Mind you, this is going to be my first Macintosh, as I have been a Windows and DOS user for over 15 years now - I know how to build PCs and can repair them, so I'm not exactly a slouch when it comes to computers, but I figured it couldn't hurt to get other folks' opinions here.) Thanks in advance.

You pretty much sound like me 2 months ago! :D I bought that imac model and haven't looked back since. I play games on the 360 but the imac seems to be able to handle gaming on XP (fifa 2008, PES2008 and call of duty 4 all run fine).

I think you'll love your new iMac! ;)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
First gen Mac Pro, Dual 2.66
You'll adapt quickly. I've found that people that have worked on building and OS operations on the PC adapt more quickly to the Mac than anyone else.. mostly because you won't be afraid to break stuff :)

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.