help me! mbp decision

Reaction score
i am from the uk and i am on holiday in chicago and i have the opportunity to get a macbook pro £300 cheaper than back home, should i get one or wait for the update, baring in mind the update isn't official.

thanks!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook, iPod Classic, 8GB 3G iPhone, Time Capsule
If you need it now, buy it now.

Hit

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook 2.4Ghz
300 pounds is a lot of money
But it is possible that the keyboard layout might be different, or that the power adaptor does not fit

Reaction score
The power adapter not fitting shouldn't be a problem, you can buy a set of universal adapters for like $35

And you can always plug in an external keyboard if the keyboard layout is different (and if it bothers you)

300 pounds is a lot of money, might be worth it

Reaction score
I don't wish to put a dampener on things but there are a couple of points which you should be aware of:-

Does the price include sales tax? This varies from state to state over there and is not usually included in the price displayed.

Be aware when entering the UK that if you can't convince the customs officials that you took the MBP with you, then they will charge you import duty on it, which will wipe out a big chunk of that £300 saving.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.