More iPhoto weirdness...

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
24" iMac, 2.8GHz, 500GB, 4GB
In attempting to switch my desktop background today, I tried to choose a photo from one of my iPhoto albums and discovered that, while the Desktop Background System Preferences panel does see all my photos, not all of them can be chosen. That is, some of them, when selected, will immediately become the desktop background and others won't (their selection will only result in the use of a neutral background color on the desktop). There seems to be no rhyme or reason to which photos will or won't work. Any ideas?

I can, of course, simply add a folder to the list and make my selection from there (photos within such added folders all seem to work), but shouldn't this work from within the iPhoto albums? If not, why are they even listed in the panel?

Ken

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15.4" MacBook Pro 4GB 500GB 2.4Ghz
I hate iPhoto. I used it for maybe one week. I finally got Adobe Lightroom and use that for all my photo stuff.

You could just drag and drop the pick from iPhoto on your desktop, then Go into preferences and choose that file as the background.

OP
kbalch
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
24" iMac, 2.8GHz, 500GB, 4GB
OK, that's a workaround, but doesn't directly address the original question.

If the Desktop Background panel lists one's iPhoto images (and it does), why can only some of them actually be selected as a background? I've been able to discern no difference between the files that can be so selected and those that cannot.

Ken

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.