Using Airport Express WITHOUT an internet connection...

Reaction score
Hello all,

For reasons dealing with my inept cable company (Charter Communications...they've taken a month to get out to me and install my cable/internet services, and I am STILL waiting), I don't have a wireless network right now.

However, I would love to be able to use AirTunes. I've hooked up my Airport Express, but it is not showing up in my Airport Admin Utility at all. I am pretty sure I have read that AEx has the ability to stream tunes without having to have an internet connection, but so far, no go.

Does anyone have any advice?

On a related note...I'd love to be able to print to my printer upstairs wirelessly (that one resides near the Airport Extreme), so...same sort of question. I probably won't have internet for another 2 weeks (Gah! Should have gone with satellite and DSL), so any help would be appreciated (i can access internet at work).

Thanks in advance!

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.