• Welcome to the Off-Topic/Schweb's Lounge

In addition to the Mac-Forums Community Guidelines, there are a few things you should pay attention to while in The Lounge.

Lounge Rules
    • If your post belongs in a different forum, please post it there.
    • While this area is for off-topic conversations, that doesn't mean that every conversation will be permitted. The moderators will, at their sole discretion, close or delete any threads which do not serve a beneficial purpose to the community.

Understand that while The Lounge is here as a place to relax and discuss random topics, that doesn't mean we will allow any topic. Topics which are inflammatory, hurtful, or otherwise clash with our Mac-Forums Community Guidelines will be removed.

im new...... to macs and this site

Reaction score
so
as a result i have a question
does it have internal wireless network card?

and why dont more people build a pc from scratch
and use Macs OS X? or Leopard?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iPhone 3G | 13 Inch 2.4 GHZ new MacBook
it has built in wi fi yea but no network card

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15.4" MacBook Pro 4GB 500GB 2.4Ghz
People don't build PC's from scratch and install Mac OS X Leopard because its not easily done. With some drivers and a few other tweaks it can be done. Its also against the law, A few companies and getting sued by apple for doing this. In apples EULA it says that their software can only be installed on Apple Hardware and on their machines. A lot of people dont do It because its just too buggy.
And why build a home made mac when you can buy one. The design of Apple computers is also what a lot of people like. I have a all-in-one iMac and its design is elegant!

OP
H
Reaction score
it has built in wi fi yea but no network card

so then how would i know if it has one built in?
im looking at getting one from apples online store
so how can i make sure that the mac book pro that im looking at has it installed on it?
thanks for all of the help

cwa107

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14" MacBook Pro M1 Pro, 16GB RAM, 1TB SSD
so then how would i know if it has one built in?
im looking at getting one from apples online store
so how can i make sure that the mac book pro that im looking at has it installed on it?
thanks for all of the help

All of the modern Macs have both Wi-Fi cards (in Apple speak "AirPort cards") and Ethernet (network) adapters, usually Gigabit Ethernet adapters.

OP
H
Reaction score
All of the modern Macs have both Wi-Fi cards (in Apple speak "AirPort cards") and Ethernet (network) adapters, usually Gigabit Ethernet adapters.

so then is that the 'standard' equipment on a mac book pro?
also which wirless? a? g? n?
something new that they made or what?
thanks for any help with my persistant questions

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
3.4 Ghz i7 MacBook Pro (2015), iPad Pro (2014), iPhone Xs Max. Apple TV 4K
The Current crop of MBPs have an Airport card built in that does A, G & N based on the network it is connected to.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.