Black or white macbook?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iPhone 3G | 13 Inch 2.4 GHZ new MacBook
Jw which one is better for looks and smudges and scratches and things relating to that.

OP
The Apple Guy
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Ok , so pretend your a salesman and convince me to buy a black macbook

Go on , convince me to go from pc to mac.
Please tell me why i should buy a macbook , black specifically
And what makes it better than a regular ol pc like HP or dell or w/e from best buy?

cwa107

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14" MacBook Pro M1 Pro, 16GB RAM, 1TB SSD
Go on , convince me to go from pc to mac.
Please tell me why i should buy a macbook , black specifically
And what makes it better than a regular ol pc like HP or dell or w/e from best buy?

Well, this is pretty subjective, but I would say "nothing". For me, I was sick of the hassles that accompany Windows and ready for a change. If you're completely comfortable with Windows, there is really nothing you can do on a Mac that you can't do on a PC. That isn't to say that the Macbooks don't have a lot of nice features, but nothing that you can't find on a PC laptop.

OP
The Apple Guy
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Alright thanks , but do you think macs are easier to use though

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 2.4/2GB/200HD/256 8600gt
it really depends. The macbook is a good buy, and will do anything a PC will do, except depreciate.

Number one reason I went to a mac was because I love the OS, and how it works. Vista really IS FINE, so no problems there.

Its really your call, but make it based on OS, and looks of the machine, then ask yourself if you want to make most of your money back when you sell it.

Its funny, all these people going to the Mac-side, is really gonna hurt the "resale-market"

OP
The Apple Guy
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Black Macbook , worth extra money?

I'm on a tight budget but ADORE the black , is it REALLY worth the extra cash?:$ :$ :$ :$

cwa107

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14" MacBook Pro M1 Pro, 16GB RAM, 1TB SSD
Alright thanks , but do you think macs are easier to use though

Again, pretty subjective. If you cut your teeth on Windows, you will have to check that experience at the door and try to get used to the way Mac OS works. You will have to remind yourself that just because you did something differently in the Windows world, doesn't necessarily mean that it was "better", just different.

In short, you'll need to keep an open mind, and I think you'll be pretty happy with it - particularly if you've had enough of Windows.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15.4" MacBook Pro 4GB 500GB 2.4Ghz
Yea, Its pretty subjective. I switched to Mac because I hated my PC getting bogged down while I was trying to render and I always had pop-ups. And those Virus Protection Programs can really use lots of memory. So I bought a macbook then sold that for $100 less than I payed for it, then Got a iMac and Have been in love ever since!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15.4" MacBook Pro 4GB 500GB 2.4Ghz
Im not really about presentation as much as I am performance. I know that the BlackBook has higher specs than the base model. If you want the same specs as the Black MacBook but white its going to be $100 cheaper. Like you said you are on a budget. Black Isn't worth $ 100.00 to me.

OP
The Apple Guy
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Yeah true but black is just frickin hard to resist for me because if im paying over 1000 i want some good looks as well

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
Everyone and their brother has a "black" PC. You want a MacBook that looks like another PC? And pay extra for it also? ;P

Regards.

OP
The Apple Guy
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Everyone and their brother has a "black" PC. You want a MacBook that looks like another PC? And pay extra for it also?

Regards.

I see what your saying but pc's are bulky and ugly and OH dont have the big glowing white apple on the back ;)

CrimsonRequiem

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 2.3 Ghz 4GB RAM 860 GB SSD, iMac 3.4 GHz Intel Core i7 32GB RAM, Fusion Drive 1TB
Everyone and their brother has a "black" PC. You want a MacBook that looks like another PC? And pay extra for it also? ;P

Regards.

I guess it where you go, but at my school I've never seen anyone with a Black MacBook. I have seen plenty of people with White Macbooks and a few MBPs.

OP
The Apple Guy
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
I guess it where you go, but at my school I've never seen anyone with a Black MacBook. I have seen plenty of people with White Macbooks and a few MBPs.

Exactly so i want some originality

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook OS Leopard
You could get a white one and paint it black on the outer casing and around the screen and keyboard. Maybe?

OP
The Apple Guy
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
You could get a white one and paint it black on the outer casing and around the screen and keyboard. Maybe?

Well maybe but there's a risk it would wear off and chip away and than the warranty would prolly be screwed lol

CrimsonRequiem

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 2.3 Ghz 4GB RAM 860 GB SSD, iMac 3.4 GHz Intel Core i7 32GB RAM, Fusion Drive 1TB

Regards.

Reaction score

The poster who said everybody has a black PC was refering to just that. A PC. He means that all the note books that aren't macs are black.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2015 Retina 4K iMac. Monterey. 8GB RAM. Crucial 500GB external SSD
black would show smudges more i'm guessing. My brother has a white one, nice machine.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
ipad mini 16g 13" Macbook Air 80g Snow Leopard ipod nano 8g 11" Macbook Air 128 g Mountain Lion
Similar Dilemna

I can't work out if i really should get macbook air or save the ££££s and be practical!

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.