Search problem

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 21" 2.4G 320G HD OS Snow Leopard. Win7 on Dell PC Inspiron i5 8g Ram 1TB HD
I'm using Firefox 3.0 as my browser, when I do a search, Yahoo or Google,I get a second page directing me to some place unrelated to the item I searched for initially.Is this a Firefox problem? Can anyone shed some light on this?/ thanks Van

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook, 2.2 GHz, 4GB RAM
vank66,

FF3 has searched well for me, so never had that problem, but I never use Yahoo or Google directly. I just put what I'm searching for in the FF3 url search bar and click Enter. FF3 does the search and sends me to either the right place (like Newegg for a web site) or to a Google search for some other kinds of items. It's neat, I've stopped entering url's altogether and let FF3 do the work for me... When I want to search for a research item, like John Adams, it does properly gives me a Google search page with items concerning John Adams. More definitive requests yield more definitive results when you use this method. Like asking for "John Adams residences in France" instead of just John Adams covers more discreet topics... Try them in the url bar, see if you like it...

Hope this helps, Noel

OP
V
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 21" 2.4G 320G HD OS Snow Leopard. Win7 on Dell PC Inspiron i5 8g Ram 1TB HD
Where is url bar?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
vank66,

The url bar is where you would normally enter the url, such as "www.mac-forums.com" (next to the red apple or whatever the little Firefox icon is for the day). It's in a direct line with the Google search bar on the header.

Noel

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Here's a picture of the url bar for you... (click on it to enlarge)

Picture 1.png

OP
V
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Thanks Noel, I'll give that a try.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.