• Welcome to the Off-Topic/Schweb's Lounge

In addition to the Mac-Forums Community Guidelines, there are a few things you should pay attention to while in The Lounge.

Lounge Rules
    • If your post belongs in a different forum, please post it there.
    • While this area is for off-topic conversations, that doesn't mean that every conversation will be permitted. The moderators will, at their sole discretion, close or delete any threads which do not serve a beneficial purpose to the community.

Understand that while The Lounge is here as a place to relax and discuss random topics, that doesn't mean we will allow any topic. Topics which are inflammatory, hurtful, or otherwise clash with our Mac-Forums Community Guidelines will be removed.

GCSE Results!

Reaction score
Hi everyone.

Not that I expect anyone cares but I got my GCSE results today, which I am happy about because they're a lot better than I was expecting (I can go to college!) so I thought I'd post :)

I got 8 As (Maths, English Literature, Biology, Chemistry, Physics, RE, IT, Statistics), a B (English Language), a C (German) and a D (Business Studies). As something special: on two of my exams (one of the Biology exams and one of the Chemistry exams) I got 100%!

For those not in the UK, GCSEs are the exams you take when you leave compulsory education at age 16, then if you want you go to a college to do A Levels before university.
I start college in 2 weeks, I'm doing Biology, Chemistry, Sociology, Psychology and Pre-Clinical Studies. Very excited!

:D

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Way... way too many specs to list.
Congrats on your O Levels! errrr... I just dated myself didn't I? :)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini Core i7 2012 | White 2009 MacBook 2 Ghz | 733 Mhz G4 Quicksilver
Congrats on your O Levels! errrr... I just dated myself didn't I? :)

LOL!!!

anyway, congrats on those exams, is it A levels next (I must resist the usual oldie rant that exams were so much harder in my day ;) )

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Air | iPad | iPhone | iPod Classic | iPod Shuffle | no more money
CONGRATS on the GCSE results!

I got 8 As (Maths, English Literature, Biology, Chemistry, Physics, RE, IT, Statistics), a B (English Language), a C (German) and a D (Business Studies). As something special: on two of my exams (one of the Biology exams and one of the Chemistry exams) I got 100%!

8 As sounds pretty darn cool!

Your parent must be very proud.

Well done - enjoy the remainder of your summer before you get stuck into the next phase of your education.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook, iPod Classic, 8GB 3G iPhone, Time Capsule
That's fantastic, congratulations!

Reaction score
you need to test to go to college over the giant river? over here in the US they will let any old retard go to college if they have money or a loan......

anywho grats, you will love the $$ you will make after your done.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Way... way too many specs to list.
You still have to get in. Not every school is an automatic acceptance. As I recall, I had to have SAT scores and for certain I had to have good grades to get in as a transfer student.

OP
M
Reaction score
you need to test to go to college over the giant river? over here in the US they will let any old retard go to college if they have money or a loan......

anywho grats, you will love the $$ you will make after your done.

You need to have at least a C in maths and english plus at least a B in the subjects you wanted to do - I was worried I wasn't going to get a B in chemistry which was why I was so pleased :D

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.