• This forum is for posting news stories or links from rumor sites. When you start a thread, please include a link to the site you're referencing.

THIS IS NOT A FORUM TO ASK "WHAT IF?" TYPE QUESTIONS.

THIS IS NOT A FORUM FOR ASKING QUESTIONS ABOUT HOW TO USE YOUR MAC OR SOFTWARE.

This is a NEWS and RUMORS forum as the name implies. If your thread is neither of those things, then please find the appropriate forum to ask your question.

If you don't have a link to a news story, do not post the thread here.

If you don't follow these rules, then your post may be deleted.

TIGER? Soon?

Z

zeppster

10.3.7 came out the other day and that means that they MUST be getting closer to releasing Tiger. Right? Jobs also did say "the first part of 05"

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacPro, MBP C2D, iMac G4
Well that kinda sucks, I just bought my apple a week ago...I wonder if Apple gives deals on OSX10.4 if I bought it within 90 days or something.

OP
Z

zeppster

I don't think is will be quite that soon, but I'm just telling people that it is in the near future.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MacBook Pro & 23" ACD
he didnt say the first "part"...he said the first "half"...very big difference...It's expected to be released in mid-march...

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro | LED Cinema Display | iPhone 4 | iPad 2
I'm guess release near WWDC so I'm guessing in June or early July.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook 2.4Ghz Black 4GB;iPod Touch 8GB;iPod mini 4GB silver;Logitech MX1000;
march 31 as far as know, apple.com/macosx

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
PowerMac G4 Cube 450mhz 832mb
as I said once before, it will be released march 31, 2005.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Because there is no where to see it. Apple hasn't announced a release date so anyone stating one is just guessing. You'll see it on Apple's site (probably some sort of countdown like with Panther) whenever it's officially announced.

OP
Z

zeppster

schweb said:
Apple has announced a release date so anyone stating one is just guessing.

uhh, what? lol
I can't tell if your saying:

Apple hasn't announced a release date so anyone stating one is just guessing.

or

Apple has announced a release date so the people that are guessing are ignorant.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
PowerMac G4 Cube 450mhz 832mb
zeppster said:
uhh, what? lol
I can't tell if your saying:

Apple hasn't announced a release date so anyone stating one is just guessing.

or

Apple has announced a release date so the people that are guessing are ignorant.
actually, Im 100% sure. amazon.com recently accidentally spilled the beans when they announced that they were taking pre-orders for Tiger, being released MARCH 31, 2005. Im nowhere near ignorant, trust me.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macman said:
actually, Im 100% sure. amazon.com recently accidentally spilled the beans when they announced that they were taking pre-orders for Tiger, being released MARCH 31, 2005. Im nowhere near ignorant, trust me.
That doesn't mean anything. Check out this story:
http://software.silicon.com/os/0,39024651,39125138,00.htm

Here Amazon.com changed it to June 30. When Amazon adds product that's not released, the often times just throw a random date in. Then change it later. Clearly here they forgot.

I have a very hard time thinking Apple knew for certain what the release date would be back in early October when Amazon screwed up. They're not even close to gold master yet. I don't think Apple would have given a date at that point.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.