Looking for my first Mac

Reaction score
I currently have a Windows PC that I'm getting pretty tired of.. I'm looking to getting a new Mac Laptop, but it's my first and I have no real knowledge of them.

My PC I have now has an AMD Sepmron 2800+ processer, 768mb of RAM and 2.00GHZ plus an ATi Radeon 9800 Pro GFX card.

I want something similar to that, if not a little better. All I really do on it is use the internet, word tools, Photoshop, Dreamweaver, etc.

I prefer to buy things on ebay.co.uk (may seem weird) and my budget is about £200. I'm not necessarily looking for the newest or flashiest laptop, just a functional one that runs similar to my PC and does the things I listed well.

If anyone could recommend something to me, that would be great! Thanks for any help!!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook (Mid-2007, 10.5.8) + MacBook Pro (Late-2008, 10.9) - See Signature
Since you wanna look on ebay then you don't rightly care if it's an older model then...

Most likely you'll want something that can burn DVDs as well as CDs, so try to find something with a Superdrive, and not a Combo drive.

Not sure what the prices are on ebay, but you may end up spending a lot more than 200 quid, and if your doing Photoshop, Dreamweaver, etc., then I'm assuming you want more than 32MB of dedicated graphics memory, which is what the last line of iBook G4s had (Mid 2005 models) before being replaced with the MacBook line.

The latest models of the PowerBook G4s (Oct 2005 models), before being replaced by the MacBook Pro line, had 128MB of dedicated graphics memory.

The processor you listed runs at 1.6 GHz if I'm not mistaken, and revision D and E (Jan '05 and Oct '05) models of the PowerBook G4s had a 1.67 GHz processor.. save for the 12-inch Jan '05 PB G4.

Okay I'm rambling now, in short you'll want a late model PowerBook G4.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Retina Macbook Pro 15" | iPhone 5 | iPad Mini
Yeah, I agree with empty noise, you definatly want a later model Powerbook G4 as he described earlier, the Powerbooks have 128mb DDR graphics card which will be more than enough to handle dreamweaver and photoshop. You might end up spending a little bit more but I would recommend a 15" Powerbook G4.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.