My buddy goes back to XPEE!

C

code777

Well, no idea why but my friend who just bought a 12" iBook last month has sold it online. He got $700 for it and he ordered a 12" AVERATEC which he got the other day. His AVERATEC was like $1100 and I think he said he got a DVD burner for it but I could be wrong. The thing looked like an iBook.

I haven't heard of anyone buying an Apple and selling it to go back to PeeCee. Oh well, good for him, his excuses were that the Mac platform was just way too different for him and that he likes XP Pro a lot more than Mac OS X. He said all of his programs are for Windows and that there is nothing for Mac and he couldn't stand it.

Man, my other buddy bought a 10.6" Sony Vaio - I try but I guess the power of M$ is just too powerful! One of my friends who just got an iBook is lovin' it and if he sells his....

I think my friend was foolish but what are you gonna do.

OP
O

Orange

He said all his programs are for windows? I thought programs were for computers... hmm.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacPro, MBP C2D, iMac G4
^lol so he really lost some bucks on his ibook it seems. I cant comprehend why anyone would switch either...

Reaction score
Some people need Windows Apps, Mac OS X isn't for everybody. I am suprised he didn't get more for his iBook.

iWhat

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook, iMac G5, iPad, iPhone 4, iPod (MANY)!
He must have not given much thought to the many changes that he should have factored in, when making the switch. Well, you can't please everyone.

code777,
How long did he have the iBook, before he decided to go back to the PC?

Reaction score
code777 said:
Man, my other buddy bought a 10.6" Sony Vaio - I try but I guess the power of M$ is just too powerful!
How can anybody work off of a 10" screen. My god. I find even 12" is tiny. But I think that he had a good reason to switch back. It's better being able to get anyhting for your computer. Instead of a limited software librAry.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
PowerMac G5 Dual 2GHz (June 2004), 2.5GB, Airport, black 5G iPod 30GB, white MacBook 2.0 2GB
Limited software library? You shouldn't compare the times of OS9 with OS X. Actually, only very specific, professional software, like for example AutoCAD, or CATIA, don't exist for Mac. But for mostly anything else, there is either an OS X version or an equivalent program for OS X...

You might not have the choice of 50 programs for doing the same thing, but who cares anyway? You only need one program that fit your needs...

OP
C

code777

iWhat said:
He must have not given much thought to the many changes that he should have factored in, when making the switch. Well, you can't please everyone.

code777,
How long did he have the iBook, before he decided to go back to the PC?

He bought the iBook on Halloween weekend and he put it up for sale last week and it sold within a few hours. He had it up on some forum for $900 but no one bit so he lowered it to $800 and I guess still no one bit and finally some guy said he'd give him $700 by paypal and he did it. Yeah he lost out but he was so desperate to get a PC Laptop. He almost bought a Toshiba from Best Buy but decided on the AVERATEC for some odd reason. It really looks like an iBook in a way.

I don't know, he just kept saying, "Apples are for kids or creative people. Its just not for me. The OS is too playful looking and artsy..." or "I NEED MS Office and I just can't stand how MS Office 04 for Mac looks and works." I guess he has so much stuff from his DELL and I don't know, he couldn't transfer it onto the iBook, blah blah.

I do not think he really thought this over before he bought his iBook. Oh well, hopfully he is happy now. :D

OP
C

code777

shaun89 said:
How can anybody work off of a 10" screen. My god. I find even 12" is tiny. But I think that he had a good reason to switch back. It's better being able to get anyhting for your computer. Instead of a limited software librAry.

yup, 10.6" widescreen. I thought the exact same thing! But I have to admit it is a cool little laptop for sure. Although i feel its WAY over priced! He could have gotten a 15" Powerbook! ****! I use to have an old Sony Vaio back in 2001 and it was the cream of the crop I guess back then and I assume it still is today...

OP
A

Arleban

I would agree on the not thinking it through thing. Switching is more than just buying hardware. The cost of software you need to buy for a new OS can be quite daunting if you have multiple programs that you use regularly. Depending on the amount and companies, you could be spending more on that than the computer.

OP
D

Danster

well don't beat yourself up in trying to switch people some people just prefere xp to mac it's not a crime is it i mean i hate xp but i dont go around making fun of people cos they use it

As i say mac is for me xp is for them and i'm happy with that

evan if it's a waste of money

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.