Newbie questions.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook 2.4Ghz,2GB Ram,XP Pro
Just managed to pick up a Macbook after deciding i needed a change from my PC and have a couple of questions that people may be able to help me with.

Please can somebody confirm if i have made a boo boo.I started the Macbook and went though the setting up instructions and then installed the 1st & 2nd discs that came with it.
Is it possible to have installed Leopard twice?
Roughly how much HD space should i have left on a 160GB HD with Leopard installed?

I did use bootcamp to partition 32gb for XP Pro as i use this for car diagnostics.

Just trying to get use to the differences coming over from Windows.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook, 2.2 GHz, 4GB RAM
jaymd,

If you followed the instructions, you didn't "make a boo boo." If you were installing OS X for a second time, it would install over the current version and shouldn't take up any more space on your hard drive. I'm not sure how much space just OS X takes by itself, sorry. Someone else here will probably tell you the answer to that one.

I switched in March and it doesn't take long to get used to the differences. You'll be fine - just enjoy this new experience and soon you won't need to depend on Windows for very much.

Good luck, glad to have you on board,

Noel

OP
jaymd
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook 2.4Ghz,2GB Ram,XP Pro
jaymd,

If you followed the instructions, you didn't "make a boo boo." If you were installing OS X for a second time, it would install over the current version and shouldn't take up any more space on your hard drive. I'm not sure how much space just OS X takes by itself, sorry. Someone else here will probably tell you the answer to that one.

I switched in March and it doesn't take long to get used to the differences. You'll be fine - just enjoy this new experience and soon you won't need to depend on Windows for very much.

Good luck, glad to have you on board,

Noel

Cheers,just sort of getting to grips with things now.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.