Is it SAFE

Reaction score
I've been reading alot of post and some people who've had the mac for a couple of months are saying that they are having to take it in for a repair at the mac store. I thought the macs were reliable machines. How come so many people are having so many problems.

Should I be worried.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook, iPod Classic, 8GB 3G iPhone, Time Capsule
No, I don't think you should be worried.

What you've got to remember is that most of the posters here come here when they've got a problem or need help - you don't get a lot of posts saying everything's going well, so it seems unbalanced.

dtravis7

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacMini M-1 MacOS Monterey, iMac 2010 27"Quad I7 , MBPLate2011, iPad Pro10.5", iPhoneSE
Another example. I love IBM Thinkpads, yet if you visit a forum dedicated to tech support for the IBM Thinkpad, you will find person after person complaining and griping with issue after issue. It's what skaheadpunk said, on support forums all you usually read are the people with problems. Thinkpads are very reliable machines as are Macs. Bad Apples (No Pun Intended) happen with any brand including Dell, Gateway, Sony, Levnovo/IBM, Apple, ETC.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.